Saturday morning, Elizabeth text-messaged me at 6:30 wanting to know if we were at Panera yet. Ornery was still nearly comatose, and I had just started downing my first cuppa joe. She came over here and patiently waited while he drank two cups of coffee and got his eyelids past half-mast. After she bought our breakfast, (!!) they dropped me off at the house and went over to Lowe's for the weekly Saturday morning tour. He bought some ply-wood for the next few scroll saw projects while I looked online into going back to school.
When they returned, Ornery mowed the lawn--it was already over 95 when he started at 9:30--then took a shower. While he was occupied, Elizabeth shopped my etsy products (including the cards I just made last week) and made a purchase for a gift, ((!!)) which I wrapped up for her. Then the three of us piled into Big Red and hauled all the remaining junk home from my booth. It wasn't at all surprising that I had no sales there all month--it was about 95 degrees inside already when we got there at 11:00--can't imagine how hot it gets late in the day. The owner tried to argue with me about our agreement for me to take my things--I knew I wouldn't get my deposit back, and she said I would have if I had given her notice so she could have rented the booth. Whatever. I am just glad to be out of there, and I am chalking it up as a valuable lesson learned for not a lot of expense.
After a cool down, some leftover quiche and fruit salad from Friday's brunch, and a little visiting, Elizabeth and I braved the heat and went to find her some jeans and a few things from Bed Bath and Beyond. She said she needed some retail therapy after her 50 hour work week. We scored on both fronts, and I even bought a new round green table cloth and some place mats for the dining room table. Now that the antique cupboard is back in there, I plan to take the leaf out of the table for everyday use, and only put it in when we need it for company.
The buyer from Craigslist came just after we got home, and took four of the seven panels of drapes for $150. which left me with three remaining. I am not going to try to sell them, for upon further inspection we detected some spots of paint and other unidentified substances on them. I wouldn't have asked as much for them as I did had I realized... oh, well. What's done is done. She still saved a pile of money over buying them new, and I got some cash for paint shopping for the next round of decorating! One of my friends is going to take the last three for her daughter, so all's well that ends well!
This morning after coffee and breakfast, Ornery and I sat down with our to-do lists and figured out what we had left to do on the house and a time frame for which to complete the various projects. We both like to have an idea of what is coming up, and Ornery always works better from a list than from verbal instruction. The list we came up with would be overwhelming if we were trying to get it all done right away, but we have an idea of what is left, now, and what the priorities and time goals are, which makes us both feel better.
I got an email from etsy this morning saying I had made another sale -- this one for one of Ornery's yardstick airplanes. I need to figure out how to ship it--I don't have any little boxes and it would not survive in an envelope. I am pretty sure I didn't charge enough for shipping...
For our projects today he rebuilt my ribbon rack while I finished editing the book I promised to do back in April for Impact. I have really been dragging my feet on it and while I thought I might do another one, I think this is my last hurrah. I find it much easier to write my own sentence given an idea than to try to rewrite someone else's work. I have promised to have it to them by Monday, and it is already there waiting for them!
Now, onto a new week: Monday I am going to the community college office to find out if they still have all my records from when I enrolled several years ago. I'll also gather information to determine if this is what I want to do and if so, when to start, etc. So many decisions! Then I have a few other errands--hopefully not too many in this heat!--including finding homes for all the stuff we brought home from the booth. Ornery will start painting in the dining room and I will finish painting the kitchen behind the refrigerator. We have a wedding to attend next weekend, so I need to get a gift and make a card for that, Thursday I have a dentist appointment for those fillings and an afternoon of crafts with Mickie, and then I will begin painting the guest room. Somehow I don't think we'll be bored this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.