Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My World Treasures Experience

...is about to come to an end.  Yesterday when we went to pick up the furniture and crafted items from my booth it was hotter inside than it was outside--which is saying something since it was over 100 degrees outside! I was sweating so much I was dripping on my merchandise, and we were only in there 15 minutes--it was all we could stand!  Of course there were no customers in there, who would want to shop in an un-air conditioned building?

While I was there, the owner asked me if I was happy there and if I was interested in breaking my lease for the cost of my deposit. I was going to do that anyway by the end of August.  Apparently she is going to break her lease as well, but hasn't decided when. I have just made my rent in sales--nothing above that--and have only sold two dominoes of all the crafted items I put there, which was my primary reason for doing the booth anyway.

So, the next semi-coolish day, we'll be going back for the rest of our stuff, and we'll be taking a fan with us! I don't know if I will try a booth again someplace else or not, but for now, I am planning to offer all my remaining items 1/2 price just to deplete my inventory and recoup some of my investment. I am also using several items for myself and as gifts. If I resume a crafting business, I think I will change the name and image, as well as the items I sell. I would really like to start working with copper, but not until I get rid of more of this paper-craft stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.