Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend in Review: It's All in the Details

It's funny how I am just as excited for Ornery to cross things off his list as I am to get my own completed. This weekend he took care of a few little details for me that I had been hounding him about hoping he would do soon. They were little things, but niggling, nonetheless.  For instance:

This little rack means my purse no longer has to slump over on the kitchen counter by the toaster.  I wonder how many times I have had to move it to another place while cooking... NO MORE!  Yeah!  It needed a drill (one screw is actually in a stud!) to hang, and I am not checked out on that tool yet. :)

This is the wall you face when you come in from the garage. It is between the kitchen (left) and laundry room (right) and the perfect spot to drop stuff that goes to the car or garage until the next trip out. There are often things propped against the wall on the floor awaiting attention... like our reusable grocery bags or this picture

which has been there for a few weeks awaiting the ladder to hang above the pantry door. Another little detail taken care of! We did a few things together like give Ornery a haircut.  He fixed one of the gates in the back yard, mowed the lawn, installed our new shower head/filter, and worked a great deal on his clock.  I cut down a tree (with the loppers--it was a volunteer sapling--but it sounds impressive to say I cut it down!) mopped the kitchen floor and did a bit of laundry and the capiz shell project I mentioned in an earlier post.

We slept late today, which was a welcome treat, and spent hours in conversation--which is an even better treat!  We talked about taking care of ourselves, the abysmal state of my wardrobe, and how to open our home to guests and encourage them to return among other things.  We ventured out in the afternoon heat (107 degrees!) to buy some clothes for me. I made quite a haul, and was blessed with a coupon from a gal who checked out just as I was starting to shop.  We also had our first ever Jamba Juice smoothies. Could be a do-over. :)

 I am encouraged, mostly rested, and looking forward to a quasi-busy week ahead. I am really glad we decided to take a month off from the "big" projects and just take care of a few details. It has been a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.