Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

His Mercies are New Every Morning

And isn't that a wonderful thing?  As I reviewed my day yesterday, I thought about the good things that also happened--I scheduled appointments for both of us at a new dentist, and the office manager (or receptionist--whatever she was) was very friendly and kind. We'll find out soon enough if the whole staff is that way, but it was a very nice office and I imagine it will be.  That chore has been on my list for a while--I am way overdue for a cleaning, but I didn't want to go back to the barbarians we had been going to. I like to eat too well to want my mouth to hurt for weeks after a cleaning!

Last night I wrapped up the gifts I have for my friends who will be here tomorrow for brunch, then I got out my crafting supplies and went to work on some cards. It is only close to one birthday, but since I have missed them all for a couple of years now, I figured I would just give gifts to all three of them.  Rather than make a birthday card, I decided to celebrate them personally with a name card. The fronts have their first initials on them, and inside my prose will include a bit of creative alliteration based on the letters of their names. (I am not sure that alliteration is the right word, but I couldn't come up with a better one to use to describe the use of each of the letters of their name as the beginning of adjectives to describe them.)  I think I am a little rusty on the card making front, but I did have fun with designing and pawing through all the pretty supplies, even if the finished product wasn't as nice as I wished.

While I was in the studio, Ornery was working on his clock. He is so close to being done, but has ended up having to "improvise" a bit on the design. He says that the approximately 20 assembled parts don't play well together, so some of the holes are getting bigger, and additional gluing and cutting are taking place.  I laughed when he told me that there is a saying about software engineers: "Beware of programmers with screwdrivers."  I thought it might apply rather aptly to his new clock making hobby!

I still have one card left to make, and I'll take care of that sometime today.  I also need to figure out and prepare the menu for tomorrow's brunch, as well as do a bit of house cleaning.  This afternoon I am headed out to visit my friend Dylan to have a few ends knocked off my hairs. It's too hot for the perm I had planned--I am wearing my hair up off my neck all the time because it is so long--but I do need a trim to help control the snarls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.