Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend in Review: Too Short!

The weekend went by way too fast! Jeff and Elizabeth (and Liberty the dog) arrived at 9:30 Saturday morning, and stayed until 11:30 today.  After they arrived, we drove over to Lowe's where I bought some paint for the kitchen. Mom came at noon and stayed until about 9:00 last night. We worked puzzles, ate Olive Garden and key lime pie, played with the dog and talked a lot. The house was nice and cool, we enjoyed our visiting with man and beast, and laughed so hard our jaws and sides hurt.

After breakfast at Panera, Elizabeth and I went online and split a new consultant Arbonne order. (great deal--50% savings!)  We decided one of us should sign up as a preferred customer so we could get a discount, so I did it.  Our stuff should be here later this week!

After they left, Ornery and I talked about the grape arbor/herb bed he is planning to build outside our bedroom window, as well as the screened in porch we plan to put in this fall. (Just because we are not working on the projects right now doesn't mean we can't think about them...)  We plan to tackle the kitchen painting project at the end of this week.  Ornery has forced leave on Friday and Monday due to the company moving his group to the new facility, so he has a four day weekend.

Monday afternoon we have a man coming to give us an estimate on blown insulation for the attic--our first electric bill was a real shocker! If we can afford to have the insulation put in right away, we will likely see a much reduced electric bill and more comfortable house for the rest of the summer.  The air conditioner must have been going out for a while, because it is really working so much better since we had it fixed on Friday, but it still runs a lot more than I would like.  The technician agreed that the most cost effective method for gaining efficiency would be insulation--which verified my initial presumption.

Wednesday morning, my friend Mickie will be here to craft with me, and hopefully I will get some inspiration to plunge back into paper crafting under her influence. I really do want to use up my stuff, and I need a free thinker like she is to motivate me to branch out of my old tired tried and true ways. After just a short time last weekend she had me thinking of all sorts of crazy ideas!

Now that Ornery has his clock up (it still needs weight in the pendulum to run) he is practically obsessed with starting on another project. I am not sure what he will come up with to make next, but the man loves his new workshop! (although, according to a comment I heard him make to Elizabeth, NOT as much as he loves Big Red!)

On to a new week. I have laundry to finish and other things to do to get ready to send Ornery back to work.  It will be nice to have two four day work weeks in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.