Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

I Talked Too Much!

Today being Monday, I thought I might check in with my Toastmaster buddy, Nita Beshear to see if she was coming into town today, and if so if she would like to have lunch with me.  A couple of emails and a phone call later, she had directions to Zoe Cottage, and I had a lunch date!

Since her meeting didn't finish until almost 1:00, I figured I had plenty of time to get a few things done around the house, so I started by cutting the ruffles off the new chair cushions in the living room, and (now handy with scissors...) all the tags off my new clothes. Then I laundered them--along with the rest of the dirties.  Then I noticed some bananas on the counter soon to be needing to be baked into bread, so I thought, "Why not now?"  I got the loaves in the oven and the mess cleaned up and decided to call my sister. (I had already emailed back and forth with one of them earlier in the day, and decided I might as well catch up on the whole family!)

We talked so long I was late to fix Ornery's lunch, so he ended up with a pbj--and some warm banana bread, which sort of made up for the lack of a hot lunch. I had just gotten off the phone when Elizabeth called, so we visited for a little bit, but I missed Ornery altogether for lunch. Then Nita arrived and we talked for almost five hours! Somewhere in there, Ryan called and I talked with him for a few minutes.

While Nita was still here, Elizabeth called again, but I decided to wait to call her back after dinner and a drink of water!  My voice was starting to get a little fuzzy by this point!  I talked to her and Jeff for a while about their upcoming visit this weekend, and then I called Ornery's mom to invite her for Saturday lunch.  I was almost glad when I could just leave her a voice mail and not have to talk anymore!

Now the dishes are done and the house mostly clean, and I don't have plans for tomorrow--except maybe a pedicure. There are still a few things left on my list that I wish were not there, so I might tackle one or two of them. It would feel good to have nothing left to do except daily chores. I am not sure what that would feel like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.