Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

When Tuesday is Monday

...my week gets all messed up. NOT that I mind only having a four day work-week... I am really looking forward to the four day weekend later this month when the company moves his department from the old facility to the new one. What to do with four whole days off and no projects to do?? :)

We had a really nice visit with Ornery's mom yesterday. She came at about 11:00 and helped me finish a puzzle I started the evening before, ate lunch and a light supper with us and visited for a couple of hours in the evening. It was all very low key and quiet, so we really feel like we had a weekend!  We even sat outside for a few minutes watching all the fireworks.  No matter which way we looked, we had quite a show, but the smoke and noise sent us back inside fairly quickly.

Today is errand day, but otherwise I don't have to be anywhere all week! (I foresee a few pj days coming on!)  I don't even have a long list of projects awaiting my attention, although there are a few little things I would like to get done like changing out the frames on a few posters and hanging the last of the wall hangings.  I hope to also finish off the book I was editing a month ago, and make a few cards for July family birthdays--there are several!

I am going to have to figure out where to hang Ornery's first clock pretty soon, as he is pretty close to finished with it.  While Mom and I were finishing up the puzzle, he was sanding and staining clock pieces. I think all he lacks is the assembly.  I am so proud of him for his accomplishment! He had not done much wood working before, and while he is still learning and his projects far from perfect, he is doing something he loves and each thing he makes is better than the previous ones.

When we were newly married he attempted a few projects, but they were more in the nature of disasters, and later when he built things like loft beds and his workbench, they were certainly functional but not altogether pretty.  They have always been sturdy (other than the first bookcase he built out of particle board) but now he is learning how to make things a little prettier.

He has in mind to build a bench for our patio, and had one of his scroll saw books out last night, looking at patterns for boxes.  We also have an idea for this year's Christmas ornaments, and we need to get busy on those before long so I can get them all painted. It will be fun to try some new ideas and a different media than paper for a change.  I can see how his hobby will soon become mine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.