Yesterday I took care of a lot of errands, and finished off the library and living room. For the library, I got a mat for Ornery's desk chair and a reading lamp for next to my chair. For the living room, I bought two chair cushions and two throw pillows. Then I moved the lamp I was using by the library chair into the living room so we can have a small light on when we watch movies.
I also picked up a few things for this weekend's birthday celebrations, and a way cool Life is Good t-shirt for Ornery with Jake driving a red pickup to wear this weekend. I still need to wrap things, make some cards and buy the rest of the stuff I need for the weekend, but it was a good start. I would have finished everything yesterday, but I had to get home to fix Ornery's lunch (I was late!) and afterwards I crashed for a 2.5 hour nap!
When I got up, I made a disaster in the kitchen. It was supposed to be enchiladas, but the sauce was too soupy (I made my own) and I dropped the tortillas into it after I fried them, where they promptly soaked up all the sauce and made corn mush. I used it anyway--obviously not rolled--by mixing all the ingredients in the baking dish and putting cheese over the top. It tasted good and filled us up, but certainly did not look very appealing.
After dinner, we painted the pegboard and primed the trim, then unpacked the last of the garage boxes (YEAH!) and moved some of the stuff onto the pegboard. Next is to paint the workbench and move everything to its proper place. Ornery gave me a hard time about my OCD organization of the tools on the pegboard, but he agreed that it will be nice to have like things together. He said he loved me anyway... :)
Today I am working on getting the house company ready--vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, etc. Then I will paint the trim for the pegboard and work some more in the garage. I hope I don't crash again this afternoon-- I have a lot to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.