When I was little, I would ask my dad silly questions like what size shoes he wore. He would give me silly answers like "They quit putting sizes in my shoes, now they just mark two lines." Well, today the car said it was too hot to record the temperature, it just recorded three lines! I don't think I have ever been outside in that kind of heat before, and I grew up in Arizona!
So, what was I doing out in that heat? First I went to Panera and had a bit of breakfast. I had planned to make my list while I was sitting there, but there was not a single pen in my purse! So, I just thought about it for a while, and then used the list feature in my phone (after I remembered it had that...) From there I went to the community college (along with about 500 other people--mostly 1/2 my age!) to see what was what about going to school. They had received my transcript 20 years ago when I enrolled, but there was no information in the system of either my ACT scores or my ORU grades other than that they had gotten it. I took copies of both, though, so they sent me to the testing center to do a math placement test and (of all things!) a reading assessment.
Now, I haven't even LOOKED at algebra in 10 years, and even then, I wasn't what you would call good at it. Somehow my kids got through all that math in school, and both went on to college level courses without too many problems, but since I tend to put negative experiences out of my mind, all that math was pretty well gone. We won't discuss the score for that, although I really worked them out and thought I answered several problems correctly... On the up side, I got 98% on the reading comprehension. I am sure had I done it first I would have gotten 100, but by the time I muddled through 2 hours of math, my brain was not interested in reading that stuff.
I haven't decided what I want to do. I could either go back to ORU and get another transcript or wait a few weeks for them to try to find the microfiche copy of it in their records--in which case, I may still have to go back to ORU and get another copy. If I use those credits, I wouldn't have to take English Comp 1. There are other courses I could get credit for, but if they include that GPA with all the other classes I am required to take, I think I would not come out looking very good. If I choose not to use those grades, I will have to retake a few classes--depending on my major. I only had a few passing grades of things that might transfer, since ORU had a lot of religious ed general requirements that I took pass/fail. The only grade above a C was French, which was a B, and wouldn't count for any of the credit requirements for the majors I am looking into.
More pondering to ensue. I don't even know for sure I really want to take any classes!
From there I dropped books at the library, mailed the airplane etsy order at the post office, returned the table cloth and place mats I bought Saturday and bought a gift card at Bed Bath and Beyond, and went across town from there to Whole Foods for a few bags of groceries. I left at 8:30 and got back at 2:15 when I finally reheated some goulash for my lunch.
Now I am going to take a shower--111 degrees is too hot to come out of smelling sweet--then I think I am going to hibernate until fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.