I am slowly learning that if I am not at peace I have difficulty processing all the logic required to make a far-reaching decision. So, I am just going to wait to decide about school until I have a strong feeling one way or another as to what direction I should go. Meanwhile, I will relax and continue praying about it, considering the various options. I will have to get a good picture in my mind of what I want to accomplish before I commit or it will be a short-lived venture. My system worked for selecting paint colors, so I don't know why it wouldn't work for this as well!
Speaking of paint colors, today after a bit of cooking, I will be wielding a roller and brushes. First I am going to finish off the area behind the refrigerator, then I am going to repaint my ribbon rack--this time it is going white. (Eventually I will paint the table legs and unfinished bookcase in the studio white, too.) We've decided to hang it on the door to the bathroom that is going to eventually come out of the studio. Once we take out the door, we'll mount it on the wall in the same spot.
The paint colors seem to still be evolving a little bit--I have changed my mind three times about the guest room, and at least that many about the studio. I have bought the paint for the guest room, though, and once I get it on the walls, I won't be changing my mind anymore! That happy occasion will hopefully happen later this week and over the weekend. I discovered to my delight that Valspar has a website with a virtual room painter so you can select your color from their huge variety and see what it would look like on your walls. The colors are not exactly true but fairly close, and at least you can see what two colors would look like side-by-side.
I am using Raisin in the guest room, gilded pesto in the kitchen and the tray ceiling in the living room, Homestead Resort Parlor Sage in our room and bathroom, and Olive Marinade in the dining, hall and living room. Other than in our room all the ceilings will be white--at least that is the current plan!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.