It has gotten hot again--over 100 degrees-- and forecast says it will continue that way for a few more days at least. :P Can we be all done with summer? We have made national news with our heat wave this summer. I think I prefer anonymity!
Yesterday I had my hair permed. It took three hours, but I am very curly! I like it with the highlights that are still in it. I can't tell whether or not Ornery likes it--it is pretty wild right now because we didn't style it. After I left the salon, I stopped by Chipotle for some lunch, but there weren't any tables open, so I took my burrito bowl to the scrapbook store and chatted with my friends there while I ate--and then stayed there for the rest of the afternoon!
While I was there, I had a conversation with a woman who is planning to open up a scrapbooking retreat on a ten acre plot of ground they own. She asked me if I would be interested in coming to help her organize all her stuff once they get it done. It was a very exciting offer, but I have no idea how long before she is ready for me to do it, so I don't want to get my hopes up about it so far out. They haven't even broken ground yet, so it will be quite some time--at the earliest next spring.
Last night, Ornery hung my ribbon rack and I filled it back up with all the colorful ribbon bolts. Ahh. Much better. Then we discussed our plan of action since we tend to not want to do any painting in the evenings. We decided we will paint on the weekends and craft in the evenings during the week, otherwise Ornery would never leave his shop, especially since he just bought a table saw today. He found a Bosch portable table saw with a stand on Craigslist for just over 1/2 the price of the same saw new at Lowe's. He had been watching for one for several weeks, and had done a LOT of research to find out which saws were best for the money, etc. I think the only other big tool he still has left to buy is a drill press to outfit his shop. Hopefully that can wait until after Christmas...and maybe by then we will figure out where to put it! That side of the garage is pretty full already!
Today I worked some more on my ornaments. I'll see about taking some photos this weekend and posting them on the design blog. I am very pleased with how they are turning out. I have ten complete now, which is the amount I need for the exchange so far. I am not sure I will use all these for the exchange though. I need a few for Christmas gifts and I plan to list several to sell on my etsy shop. I still have six left to decorate, and I think I will see if Ornery can cut another 16 for me next week sometime. I am sure having a lot of fun with them.
I know several people who are going out of town this weekend--the last hurrah before the end of summer. Several schools have already started class around here, and the few that haven't started yet will commence next week. I am so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.