This week is winding down, and while it started out with a bang, it is sort of ending with a fizzle. Today, after a stop at the bank and post office, I am off to have my hairs bent. (I like the sound of that better than getting a perm) It has grown out longer than I can ever recall wearing it, although Ornery says he thinks it was this long in college. It catches on all sorts of things and is most generally in the way, but Ornery seems to like it longer, so I will wear it that way for him, even if most of the time it is up in a clip!
If I am going to wear it long I prefer to have it curly rather than straight and stringy, and my last perm is pretty much gone. I have decided to let the color go back to natural and see what I have, although natural color is relative when you have a perm since the solution lightens it up a lot. Maybe that will help to hide the gray.
'Nuf about hair. The ornaments I made yesterday are really cute. Each one is uniquely decorated, and I am having almost as much fun making them as I did last year making all those dominoes. I am not going to post photos of all of them until later, but here is a sneak peek...
The photo is from my phone, so not too great, and this ornament is unique in that it doesn't have any Christmas colors or designs on it, but you can see what I am making. Ornery cut the shapes out from a drawing I made, then I painted the backs white and am embellishing each one with various combinations of scrapbooking papers. I got seven completed yesterday out of sixteen that he has cut so far. I am pretty sure I will be making more for my etsy shop once I have all I need for the exchange and gifts. For now they are hanging on the bulletin board next to my desk. I am enjoying seeing them in all their funky glory. :)
Last night Ornery finished making the frame for my little clock plates, and also put the last coat of paint on the ribbon rack. Hopefully tonight he will hang it for me and I can put everything back on it. I am responsible for painting the frame, and hope to get to that in the next day or two. I have really fallen behind (already!) on my editing project, and it doesn't look like I will be any less busy the rest of the month. It is nice to have options, and since I have so many irons in the fire, I obviously have a plethora of options!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.