I was so excited I couldn't decide which one to open first! Ornery was laughing at me, but seriously, I was over the top happy!!!
I got two letters and my first swap partner's offering. It is a lovely tag, and nothing I could make myself--she clearly has superior tools! :D
I have been crafting and creating to the exclusion of all else except meals. Today I made my first "rolo" which is an altered Rolodex file card. 'Struth, there is a huge group of crafters who make these things and some have several Rolodex files to display them on. Me? I am not there yet, but I have joined a couple of related groups on SwapBot, so I imagine I will get into it myself. Those little ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) are like crack to a crafter--WAY fun to make!!
Today for lunch I finally made homemade pizza after talking about it for an age. It was, "the best homemade pizza I've ever had," says Ornery. I'm a little surprised I could hear his compliment as I was moaning with delight at how tasty it was. It was so good I wanted to just keep on eating it!
I don't know what made it better than usual; maybe we were just in the mood! I used one of the little purple bell peppers from our garden, some fresh mushrooms, purple onion, turkey pepperoni and two kinds of cheese--Sicilian Jack and Fresh Mozzarella from the farmer's market. The crust was the thwock kind from the grocery store (you know, you thwock it on the counter to open it up?) and not even a name brand, and the sauce was pure tomato paste from a jar (no tinny flavor--it's really good!)
Okay, I am off to write some letters and rate my first swap. :) I am very excited!
I like making ATCs...I've only done a couple...but i don't want to part with them. lol Although a swap would be pretty cool.
ReplyDeletePictures and pictures and yay i am so exciting for you I don't even know what ATC's are...pictures? And pizza that sounds great, I never know what to use as sauce but might just do the same as you.
ReplyDeletePictures are on my design blog--millermanordesigns.blogspot.com
DeleteAs for the sauce, I usually add some Italian seasoning, basil and oregano, but forgot today. The sicilian jack cheese has quite a bit of spice to it, with chopped up olives and a LOT of garlic.
tm
Thats what were having tonight except I buy mini crusts and then cut everything up and each person builds their own pizza they way they want it. PS. No mail yet!
ReplyDeleteYay mail!! and I made pizza on Sunday! :)
ReplyDelete-andi