Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

The Turning Point of Summer

It seems like the year is marked by the various holidays, and July 4th is the turning point for me to the second half of the summer. It is less than 6 months until Christmas, and it seems like it was just last month I was taking down the tree.  I think it might be a good idea to write down some goals for the rest of the summer lest it disappear without my knowledge or having anything to show for its passing!

We had a delightful time yesterday!  The weather was PERFECT, and Ornery and I puttered around in the yard most of the morning, then we came inside and finished getting the house ready for company.  There were 10 of us for dinner, and we have enough food left over to feed everyone a second time.  I am clearly out of practice for entertaining!  It was so fun getting to know our neighbors better, and we all agreed we shouldn't wait so long to do it again.

We still have three days left of the weekend, and Ornery is starting out with a nap.  He stayed up until 11:00 last night with his mom watching fireworks set off in our neighborhood.  Some of them were very loud, and it sounded like they were in our back yard, but I put on my iPod and went to sleep at 9:30 anyway.  I woke up at 5:00 ready to go for the day, and we drank our coffee on the patio as the sun came up.

Today is the designated day for the water filter unit change-out, and Elizabeth is coming over to spend the day with us. I sure don't have to worry about what to feed anybody today, as there is plenty left from yesterday. I am thinking it might be a nice time to work in my studio, but I'll see how the day turns out. Mostly I am just happy to be spending it with a couple of my favorite peeps!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day filled with friends!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.