Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tool Mania!

It has been pretty quiet over here at Zoe Cottage this week.  We had a delightful rain Monday; I just wish it hadn't started quite so early in the day. Tuesday I got caught up on the housework (the laundry had taken over!) then a friend came over and gave me a hair cut--my first since February. I am such a high maintenance girl, no?  She cut about 3 inches off all over, layered it and did a little styling with the blow dryer. Even that much shorter, it was too hot to wear down.

Elizabeth mentioned that my over-heated state may have a name related to that hormonal change women go through at a certain age.  I uninvited her over for morning coffee--the nerve!  Of course she was back again this morning...

I haven't really looked at my hair in a long time, but when she was done cutting, I looked at the back and was startled to see how many natural highlights have moved in. My hair is healthier than I can ever remember it being, and thicker than ever, as well. No wonder it is so hot. ;)

The big excitement around here occurred about 7:30 last night when Santa Clause the UPS man delivered a huge Amazon box containing some new tools for the Man Cave.  Ornery (not ever the most demonstrative sort) was practically dancing in his excitement!  He has been hording cash for over a year to use for tools or whatever.  He is much better at saving than I am.  Anyway, we have been talking about a bench sander for ages, and he has been wanting another router as well.

The sander which has both disc and belt options is smaller than we expected, but it looks like it will work just fine.  The the Bosch router kit, however looks like it should be in a much fancier shop than ours!  In addition to the router itself, it came with a plunge mount, both in a hard plastic storage case that is as big as a microwave oven!  I am not sure why a guy would need three routers, but he has them now, and since I am continuously feeding him projects to do, I won't even think about complaining! I admit, sometimes certain tools of the same type are better than others depending on the job. He's happy, so I'm happy. :)

I am hoping to get my little shelf painted this afternoon and move into it tomorrow.  Ornery still needs to cut the back for it, so tomorrow would be the earliest it would be finished, but more likely Friday. I have done without it for this long, so I don't suppose it will kill me to wait.  I would have painted it this morning, but I got a new jigsaw puzzle in the same box as Ornery's new toys, and I couldn't wait to work it.

That's all my news! :)  Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. *snort* I uninvited her for coffee. :P I hate when people suggest that Mental Pause might be coming on! WTH, do you think I'm in my 40s or something? Oh, wait...

    :)
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove when the Amazon box is delivered. It reminds me of that day in elementary school when the Scholastic Books box FINALLY arrived, after what seemed like an eternity since I brought in my money and order form.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.