As Elizabeth was leaving today I asked her to take down the mobile (since Ornery forgot) so I could add some fresh colors to it today. I got out all the paints and set everything up and then realized there is a shiny varnish on the surface, so none of the paint would take. I was sad, but since I already had the paints out, I went ahead and painted a few ATC's (artist trading cards) on Bristol paper. One I made into a card, one is waiting for a good saying to print on it, and the other is happy. :) I think they may go into my correspondence when pen-friends begin writing. Some people are really into mail art.
The color on this is really off. The berries are actually a deep purple. Oh, well. As you can tell, I am not really much of an artist, but I love color, and will take any opportunity to mix them up! :)


I've made a couple ATCs. I like making them but no idea what to do with them. I love colour too and I struggle with it sometimes with my art, so I started doing colouring books over the past 10+ years. I've completed almost 20 over the years and it's helped me a lot.
ReplyDeleteWell, I found a site that has lots of requests for pen-friends who will do swaps with ATC's and other art forms, so I figured I might ought to make a couple.
DeleteI am not very good with coloring books but it's been a while since I even tried with them.
tm
I like all your art, loved the way the L came out with the different blues setting it off. My favorite was the one next to the berry painting-- the shapes and colors just 'worked' somehow!
ReplyDeleteI like that one best, too. It was my first one and I think I may do more like it. Simple to do, and free-style is my kind of thing!
Deletetm
Male art? OH! Mail art...gotcha! :) I think you're quite the artist...they're lovely. :)
ReplyDelete-andi
How cool!
ReplyDelete