I hate to admit that despite dressing in my rattiest paint clothes yesterday, I still failed to get a single stroke of paint on my project. Instead I spent the afternoon on my computer. The time wasn't wasted, but I decided today to turn off the machine as soon as I finish posting this. THEN I am to the garage for a bit of sanding and a date with my favorite paintbrush.
Until then, I am listening to some of the new music I purchased on Amazon yesterday, including a song by Sara Bareilles called Brave from her new album, The Blessed Unrest. It is one I will listen to over and over, I am sure. I didn't purchase the whole album as I didn't know if I would enjoy that many songs on it, but eventually, maybe.
I ended up with many many hours of listening pleasure, and many more of reading pleasure from my online time yesterday; as I said, it was not wasted time. :)
Painting and new music? THE PERFECT DAY. :) You've inspired me, I'm going to don my paint clothes (oh trusted and familiar friends) and paint my bathroom....orange. :)
ReplyDeleteInto every house a bit of orange must fall!
DeleteI've had a really hard time getting motivated to do anything in this weather. It's just too damn hot and humid to move. I just sit in my chair, half asleep, playing online.
ReplyDeleteI usually spend the whole day in my workout clothes. Then paint my toenails instead...! :P
ReplyDelete-andi
Ach - color me the same - although it's all turning out terrific - it's not how i planned . . .
ReplyDeleteLove & Love,
-g-