Yesterday was up in the top fifty of my favorite days of all time! I got my first Swap Bot rating for one of my Pen Pal Swap letters--it was a 5 with a heart--the best rating you can get. The comment said "...this was one of the best letters I've ever got. You deserved 100+ hearts!" Now, that just plain warmed the cockles of my heart for hours after I read it!
Then, Ornery had to go to Lowe's for some trim for the shelves he is making for Elizabeth and since the post office box is at an office near there, he went back to check the box for any mail that might have arrived. Woot! Three more letters arrived yesterday, although none of which were replies to my intro letters I sent out a few weeks ago! One was not so welcome as it was from a prisoner, and while the letter was funny and I feel bad for the guy, I feel uncomfortable writing to an unmarried man who is not related to me. I'll send a short note back, but I am just not good with that.
The other two were from various sources--places where they saw my name on a pen-pal list--and I have already written both back! :D
The other sweet thing that happened was that I made two of my favorite-so-far ATCs which I have posted on my design blog. Lots of fun stuff happening in the studio these days!
My days seem to be divided in three parts: time on the computer, time in the studio making ATCs and cards, and time writing letters. You might note that there isn't time for much else--Ornery has made the same observation. Today there is roast in the crock pot (already at 5:00 a.m.) and I have several other little chores to do before I can get back to my regularly scheduled program. I am having more fun than a barrel of monkeys!
I've been so tempted to join a pen pal or swap thing too but I mailed a couple of small packages today to people in the US and it came to $13. :( If the cost of postage wasn't so high I'd do it in a heartbeat. Plus I can type way faster than I can write!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun thing to do. Your life is overflowing with giggles and smiles. Congratulations
ReplyDeleteI love the crock pot. I use it a lot in the winter. I'll be up at 4 am chopping veggies and searing off meat. Then after a 10 hour day of work I get home and it magically has my dinner ready and I can relax!
ReplyDeleteYeah prison love would be a little weird! Hoping today is the day for mail. I'm super excited to see it!
Sounds like you keep plenty busy. I love my crock pot. It is wonderful to have supper already to eat at the end of the day!!
ReplyDeleteKathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com