Elizabeth turned 33 years old on Friday, and we had a little party for her Saturday evening. Ornery grilled some bison burgers and I baked a pineapple upside down cake. It was just Elizabeth and Michael for dinner, then their friend Jeff came over for cake and kept us in stitches for about an hour or so. It was a pleasant time.
Otherwise, we spent the weekend on projects. Ornery finished the basket/bowls he has been working on and bought the materials for our bed platform. He mowed the lawn and took a couple of naps.
I wrote a ton of letters. Saturday I sent out 10 envelopes and kept the postal clerk entertained for a good ten minutes while she examined, weighed and hand canceled each item. Then I bought stamps and that took a while, too.
Then we went to Staples and Hobby Lobby. It took me all day Sunday to clear everything off the table after all the crafting and letter writing I did all week. I reorganized my letter writing paraphernalia and managed to clear a bit more space on the table.
I also spent some time making envelopes from paper bags...
There is a lot more paper in an envelope than I would have suspected! Anyway, this one goes out tomorrow along with seven other pieces of mail--more if the swap hosts get around to posting partners before I go to bed! I am finally caught up on the letter writing though. I didn't think I would ever get through that pile! I wrote seven long letters on Friday. That is just about all I got done!
One of the pen pals I found is into sending naked art (not in an envelope) and so I painted this piece to send him today.
I was afraid it was ruined at first, but I managed to salvage it, and was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I learned a lot, though!
This week I have some fun projects lined up, and as usual I will be posting them on my design blog as I make them.



I love pineapple upside down cake! I love the painting.
ReplyDeleteNice job!
Thanks! SO not what I had in mind when I started, but I didn't want to waste the paper, and I just kept adding layers till I got something I could live with! :D
Deletetm
WOW!!!!! And I'm with you on pineapple upside down cake and also the bison burgers!! YUMMY. How long are the letters you write? A page? More?
ReplyDeleteMinimum 3 pages. Usually between 4 and 6.
DeleteWell, you have been a buy woman! But successful!
ReplyDeleteBlessings and Bear hugs!
desert.epiphanies@sasktel.net
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)
Bison burgers!!! There used to be a place by where I work that served buffalo burgers. Now it's a quickie-loan place.
ReplyDeleteI sure miss those burgers...
-andi
How refreshing to find someone who still writes real letters! That is just awesome...and so thoughtful. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteKathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com