Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Good Deals

I love to get a good deal.  I love it even better when I can do it from home in my pj's.  Today I found a great deal on some products we have fallen in love with, but are not so fun to hunt down, and are often pricey at natural food stores.  The brand is Desert Essence and the products are shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand wash and body lotion all in Coconut.

I was all set to order them from Amazon, but the prices there were not all that great and in some cases I would have to pay shipping which would negate the price break benefit of ordering online.  So there was an ad for LuckyVitamin.com on the page and WHOA NELLIE!  The prices were over 40% off retail, and since we use these products exclusively, I was able to buy enough for free shipping.  Whoop!  Since I was already there, I searched for Burt's Bees lip balm and found that $1. cheaper than Amazon as well. 

I was happy!  I also found a great deal on some cards I like that are clearance priced on ClearBags.com.  They are extra heavy card stock and shimmery besides, so I get pretty and functional. Too bad they don't offer free shipping. :(  Cards are heavy.  Anyway, I stocked up on a few things... finding room in the studio might be a challenge, but I am up for it. Things are flying out of here pretty quickly!

And last but not least, I filled a little basket full at ScrapbookPal.com with some adhesive and ink pads.  I also found a cute little date stamp like they used to use on library cards.  I am really surprised how much adhesive those little Artist Trading Cards require.  They are small, so I thought they might not take much, but by the time you put on front and back over a middle layer, plus all the embellishments and layers, those little rolls of adhesive disappear pretty quick!  Online shopping spree over.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love getting good deals online!!!! I am still trying to get a new camera - it's $599 online or $650 at a local camera shop. I'm in a quandary! Do I spend more (plus sales tax) and have a shop I can take it to or go cheap with Amazon?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, do the bulk of my shopping online. I only go into the health food store for the fresh food. I even feel strange walking into a regular store. How our world does change.
    Congrats on all your thrifty shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, indeed! I am just beginning to learn how to shop on-line. That could become a habit. A bad one.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    desert.epiphanies@sasktel.net
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.