I have neglected my garden over the past few weeks. Some things have gone hog-wild, like the columbine which, while it isn't blooming, is not only filling its own pot, but has migrated into the neighboring one; and the mint which is exuberant and plentiful, as mint generally is. Other plants have shown a marked lack of enthusiasm like the petunias and geraniums. One zinnia has flourished, the other has been 'meh' all summer. Yet others have given up the ghost altogether, like the lavender and marjoram--only weeds and a volunteer violet in those pots. :(
I threatened the tomatoes with forceful and violent removal and one of them has finally decided to put on a fruit. Just one, but parents of a single child are no less proud of the one they have, right? The pepper plants, however, have more than made up for the tomatoes stinginess.
They are all mild peppers. Pretty colorful, no? I didn't take a photo of the tomato. While the plant may be proud, I am not impressed. We'll see if it gets with the program and decides to make it worth my while to water it for the rest of the summer. Humph.

Very pretty peppers!!! The only thing I can coax from mother earth is weeds.
ReplyDeleteI didn't plant anything this year. But even if I did, I would consider myself lucky to get one usable tomato. Mine have been horrible the past several years!
ReplyDelete-andi
peppers look great! have you tried playing some rock music to the tomatoes...apparently that stimulates growth..hmm
ReplyDeleteIt's not the harvest that counts its the adventure getting there!
ReplyDeleteNah, who am I kidding! One tomato is better than a stick in the eye right?
I won't regale you with tales of the bushels of veggies I am getting from my garden then......oops just did!
Cheers!