Ornery was already on his second cuppa when I woke up Saturday morning, and he was feelin' his oats! He finished painting my plant boxes (I had planned to put other designs on them but he seemed anxious to get them out there...) and set them up on the patio. It looks really nice. Maybe sometime I'll get some photos...
He finished gluing together the three basket/bowls he cut out last week, and puttered around in the yard, went to Woodcraft for some more silicon brushes and a package of wood veneers for me, and then spent most of the afternoon next door helping our neighbor do home repairs. He would wander into the studio from time to time, but mostly he was on the go! After dinner he mowed the lawn.
This is the little tray and silicon brush that I am in love with. The glossy accents is a product I haven't used much before, but it has been moving up on my frequently used product list this week. The tray and brush both quickly release any dried on glue, although it is still easier to wash them when they are wet. No more ruined brushes because the glue dried on them! I also like how it leaves lines and is good for stippling. Ornery used his tray on the bowls when he was gluing them and said the glue stayed wet longer in the tray than on the plate he had been using. In all, it was a few bucks well spent.
As for me, I sent off three letters and three ATCs for a swap, then made three more ATCs and signed up for more swaps. :) And washed dishes. And more dishes. And yet more dishes! I am not loving the hand-wash aspect of this chore. It is no longer at all fun.
I am going to be reporting all my art swap stuff on the design blog from here on out. The link on the sidebar will let you know if I have posted anything new, or you can follow it if you like.
Sunday we got a late start and spent a pretty quiet day. Ornery went by the post office to mail a couple things and checked the mail, which hadn't been put up when he was there on Saturday. I had a big ol' pile of mail! Two nice long letters, two ATC exchanges, and an envelope with a 'jam' in it, which is three identical ATCs that travel to three people for various layers--the first person puts in the background, the second another layer, and the third finishes it off and returns them to the first two people. It is my first jam, and I hope I do it right!
Along about 3:00 a cup of hot chocolate sounded good, so I rummaged around in the pantry and unearthed the jar of mix I made in December. Why on an August day a cup of hot chocolate sounded good, especially when I am not all that fond of chocolate I don't know.
I finished off the afternoon by clearing off the studio table, answering a letter and reorganizing a few things. I ended up with five things to mail out in the morning, and completed several things on my to do list. I still owe a few letters, and have two swaps coming up tomorrow that I haven't started on, so I'll be busy!

How nice that you can accomplish a lot on a weekend. That gives a good feeling to start the next week.
ReplyDeleteTake care
Sounds like a productive weekend! I just mailed 3 homemade cards today and the post office has this stupid slit thing that she used to see if my envelopes were too thick. Just an FYI if you make a multilayered ATC. Do you mail yours out in regular envelopes or padded ones? I've had people at the POs here and in WA complain to me about bulky homemade cards.
ReplyDeleteI actually had Ornery make one of those slit things to see whether or not my cards/mailings were too thick. The ATCs are different thicknesses, and since I put them inside the card instead of outside like the embellishments on my cards are, they seem to travel okay. I always put them inside a little baseball card sleeve and attach a tiny bit of adhesive to keep them from moving around to mail them and that helps keep everything together. You really do have to make sure all is well attached, though.
DeleteThey should not ever complain at the PO!! If the card is lumpy and requires hand cancelling, they just charge you more. If it wasn't for us, they wouldn't be in business, and you should tell them so!! :)
productive weekends are always nice! i need one of those soon!
ReplyDelete