I got a letter from Rio de Janiero, Brazil with a picture post card inside and a nice intro letter.
Another letter from a swap partner in the "Another Pen Pal Swap" -- this one from sunny California
A lovely hand-written note from Jenny in Georgia--seriously very nice letter and lovely penmanship and card!
A package of profile based goodies as a Random Act of Kindness from a member of one of the groups on Swap Bot.
I sent out an ATC this morning for a private swap. It was my favorite so far--I think I say that about every one when it is done! This one made me smile, think, laugh, lose sleep and have several "ah-ha" moments. I learned a bit from it, too!
I signed up for a few more swaps today.
- a decorated envelope with a woodland theme
- a week of letters where I am to send 5 handwritten letters--one each to five different people. No plain unlined paper allowed! :( Guess I need to get some paper designed and printed out!
- Background Technique for ATCs to 3 different partners.
I am one rating away from being able to set up my own swaps. I am sure several things have arrived but people are just not rating. So far I have four 5's and 4 Hearts.
In other news, it is hot here. We are under heat advisory for heat index above 105. The humidity is wicked and nights are not really cooling down. Fall will be here soon. Fall will be here soon. Fall will be here soon... If I keep telling myself that, I will feel better!
Elizabeth FINALLY went to see Dr. G today for the first time. He worked her over from tip to stern and she was feeling it. He seems to think he knows what ails her and is going to shake up her world for a while with dietary restrictions and more adjustments, but hopefully some of the plaguey problems she has been having since she got back from Army Bootcamp will finally be resolved. She has a long road ahead of her, but if she doesn't deal with stuff now, her older years will not be pleasant. Her latest woe is recurring skin conditions that look like ring worm, which he believes to be microbial issues that are tied into her bladder condition. Natural remedies are slower, but oh so much more effective for actually healing! She is already whining about the diet, but hopefully it won't be forever and she'll feel better in the end.
The summer sure did fly by! School will be starting here pretty soon (I think in about a week!) and Elizabeth's birthday is just over a week away!
You are so busy! And that Doc business sounds yucky. Poor thing! Best of luck to Elizabeth!
ReplyDelete-andi
Summer feels almost gone. I'm ready for fall weather but not ready for what follows. There is so much I had wanted to get finished this summer and prob didn't even get through half.
ReplyDeleteOnce school starts, you can kiss summer good-by, for sure.