Right now my life is so full, rounded, immense, and all those other words to describe a boat-load of activity and feelings!
- Thursday I painted "the blue room" at 507--all the walls and ceiling. It took me three hours to paint and 30 hours to recuperate! We met with the leasing agent and signed our life away on all her papers. The house was not ready at all to take any pictures, so we will be busy this weekend finishing, cleaning and setting things up.
- Ornery says he will take the photos and I can email them to her as he thinks his will be better. Who knows, but she is extremely busy and would probably appreciate not having to come back for pictures. At any rate, I will be able to post "after" pictures of all the rooms in my weekend in review post!
- I got a lovely e-note from one of the A to Z Challenge coordinators asking me if I would be interested in having my reflections post featured on the A to Z blog in a couple of weeks. I thought that was quite an honor! Her words of encouragement and praise made me float through the afternoon! The post is scheduled for May 22nd. Guess I had better have some really good content up by then for new readers, huh?
- The package from Amazon was waiting on my front porch when we got home Thursday night. I lost one of the rubber ear bud covers for listening to my iPod and ordered a bunch of new ones, but they would only ship them as an add-on to an order over $25.00. What?? Anyway, because I really did NEED those little dudes, I ordered two more jigsaw puzzles because one day I will have time to work them again, right?
- I joined the A to Z Road-trip as motivation to finish visiting all the blogs on the list of participants sometime before April 2014. I can do that, I am sure. The badge on my sidebar is linked to the list so I can easily access it when I am bored. Or something. Now that I am following 60 blogs, I don't have much boredom time when I am on the computer!
- Ornery's mom had a mole removed from her face on Monday and the pathology report said it was cancerous. The doctor says he thinks he got it all, but she is to go back in August for a follow-up visit. Having lost both my parents to cancer and Ornery's dad and grandparents as well, I can say the end is not a happy one so I hope they really did get it all and she continues on in her normal healthy state for years to come.
- Spring is finally really here! No more 30 degree nights in the forecast and Green Country (this portion of Oklahoma) is living up to its name! I was going to post some pictures but they are taking forever to upload. Maybe later.
That's all for now. Off to finish up inside painting today--or at least I HOPE I finish it! Then it is on to the garage and exterior. I have never before painted an entire house by myself. I now understand why Ornery was so tired of it after
painting Zoe Cottage!
Wow you have been busy. I just took some time to read abunch of your back posts. I can appreciate the amount of time and effort it takes to accomplish what you are doing. Congrats on your A to Z follow up request. I'll be sure to check it out. We have a freeze headed our way tomorrow so the garden will have to be all covered up. I also brought home some scrap wooden planks to make garden signs with. Wish I had just a touch of artistry in my blood to paint them really neat!
ReplyDeleteYou can print out your words in a font that you like and trace over the print out onto the wood with a ball point pen. It leaves a little groove to follow along and it keeps things neat. Can't wait to see your signs!
DeleteThis paint can background makes me smile . . . and the grin kept growing as i continued to read your post.
ReplyDeletelove & love,
-g-
first of all congrats for the a to z reflection post posting thing!
ReplyDeleteand wow long long list, i have to do the road trip too.
So will we get pictures too soon???
My fiance' talks about buying a house to fix up and flip and I'm like, 'have fun with that...I don't DIY'. lol
ReplyDeleteYou sure have a ton on the go and congrats on the a to z post too.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on having your A to Z post re-posted! That is an honor
ReplyDeleteAmazon did not deliver my K-cups yet, but I'm not mad at them. :) Still...they'd have been nice to have for the weekend.
ReplyDelete;)
Thank goodness the mole was removed! I hope all turns out well with it.
Hi Tracy. Congrats on being selected for the A to Z post on May 22nd. Now I want to go back and reread it. Hope all goes well with your mother-in-law. God bless, Maria at Delight Directed Living
ReplyDelete