I never did figure out what my ailment was, but I am happy to report I am back to "normal" whatever that may be. Since things are wrapping up over at 507 and I am not needed over there every afternoon, I spent Friday working on Zoe Cottage, cleaning and organizing-- I even did a bit of cooking and am happy to say I have NOT forgotten how to do it!
Saturday:
We got to 507 at about 8:30 and started right in. We both spent the morning and part of the afternoon painting. At 4:00, Ornery came back to the Cottage (such a misnomer if size is any indicator!) to pick up the lawnmower and he finished off the day mowing the lawn over there.
We got the garage finished. It is impossible to describe the change from when we first saw it with tape hanging down from the cracks in the ceiling to what we ended up with. It is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but the improvement is tremendous!
Sunday:
Despite an attempt to get there earlier, we arrived at about 8:30 and got busy. Ornery had some work up on the roof to take care of and he got that done first thing. He also did quite a bit of caulking on the peak on the west end, then painted that as well.
I painted the little decorative wrought iron posts on the front porch, the drawer that needed some touch up, and a few spots in the kitchen that had been painted over with the wrong color.
Then I tackled the huge brush pile in the back yard. It wouldn't have been huge except that I suggested Ornery take out several volunteer mimosa trees. As he went around the fence cutting saplings I saw just how many of those undesirables there really were! I made it most of the way through the pile before we quit for the evening.
I had fun watching a little family of robins that had nested in the back yard. I had seen them just a couple of weeks ago in the nest, three little heads sticking up, eyes closed and huge beaks pointed upward. Sunday they were full sized birds, and the only way you could tell they were young was the spotted pattern on their breasts. The five birds, three young and the two parents, cheep-cheeped all while I was working, but at one point the mother hopped around on the patio where I was working checking out the bugs, then cautiously flew up to make sure her nest was okay--must be a new crop of eggs up there, although I didn't want to get close enough to see. A blue jay made the mistake of getting too close to the nest and there was quite a flurry of cheeping and fluttering to move him away.
We still have one day left of our "work-end" and I think enough work to keep us occupied for the whole day. The gutter installation is scheduled for Tuesday, and if I am able to get the last bit of the yard cleaned up and Ornery finish his last couple tasks, we should be done! I am taking the camera to take pictures today, so I hope to have some to post later. Happy Memorial Day!
I too have some nesters! Right under my upper deck on my shade patio. After searching the books I believe it is a Tufted Titmouse. I watch her and her mate fky around the backyard picking off bugs in mid air. Its quite cool!
ReplyDeletewow you always keep super busy on the work ends haha
ReplyDeleteMan alive you two do a lot of work!!!!! I'm glad it's finally coming to an end and you can enjoy time off again.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you remember how to cook. =) Some days I'm not sure I remember how, or maybe it's that I don't have the energy or desire to stand over the stove. Hm. ;)
ReplyDeletepictures!!!
ReplyDeletesounds like you are coming to the end of the project :)
Hi OW .. you are at least tackling the jobs and getting on with it to the end .. good for you .. and it is a time to remember too .. as you mention.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this coming week and the gutter installation tomorrow and then some finished pictures - great! Cheers Hilary