Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Just a Minute!

I thought I might ought to check in here--so many people have left comments and I haven't had a minute on my computer to do anything like reply or revisit... We are wrapping it up over at 507 and now that people are starting to go through it, pressure seems to be mounting to get it all done.

It went "live" on the rental market Monday and that evening a couple went through it and asked if we would accept less money for the rent--but it was the first day, first view, so we said no.  The agent knew going in that the asking price was $100 higher than what they wanted to spend, so I am not sure why they went through...  It is the beginning of the "hot" rental market season so I have no doubt we will be able to find someone to rent it for the asking rate.

Tuesday morning I got a call from another agent wanting to know if it was available for immediate occupancy--uh, NO!  So when I was over there painting the garage she took the woman through it but with FOUR children and a GREAT DANE!! I wasn't too disappointed she felt like she wanted something bigger... Do they not pre-screen these people?? 

This morning I went over to let the pest control guy in and supposedly paint the rest of the garage, but I just couldn't get it all together and ended up cleaning up a little in the garage and yard and sitting in the breeze and just enjoying the morning. I am really hoping we are finished by the end of this weekend--I am all done!!

It hasn't been all work and no play--Ornery's mom came over Monday afternoon and we worked a couple jigsaw puzzles and ordered in Olive Garden as a late birthday (mine) and mother's day (both for her and me) celebration. I have also had some great naps over the last few days, more out of necessity than a luxury. :) 

Tonight we are headed out to the grocery store.  We haven't really been shopping in several weeks and we are beyond desperate.  A new Sprouts store opened about 10 miles from here, and I have been anxious to check it out. And we are down to one more day on the shampoo--it is definitely time to shop!

8 comments:

  1. sounds pretty busy alright, the place looks fantastic tho :)

    If you get desperate i am sure toothpaste could be used as shampoo right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good sign that you are getting bites on it. As a landlord, I'd be concerned about that many kids and a big dog so you are lucky they wanted something bigger! We'll be in this rental home 2 years in June. We are the ideal tenants in that we pay on time, and we don't bug the owners. Plus we keep the place really clean, despite our 2 dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a good sign. I agree that so many kids and big dog were not the ideal! You are the type of tenants we are looking for! Wanna move to OK? :D
      tm

      Delete
  3. haha good luck, tenants can be a pain in the arse, if you don't find the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it's time to shop when the shampoo's down to one more day. ;)

    Good luck finding the perfect renters. It'll make the hard work worth it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and after three stores, we finally found some! Goodness!

      Thanks for the well wishes. I know there are renters out there that will care for the property. We were some of those before we became homeowners. :)
      tm

      Delete
  5. Hey, happy late birthday! --And goodness. These crazy people, eh? When we were renters I always asked 50+ questions about a place before bothering to look at it, including square footage, typical utility cost, and if there had been animals on the premises before. You'd think people would be just as stingy with their time as I was, not wasting visits on places that won't fit their needs. Hang in there, eh? You'll definitely find the right renters. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I love Olive Garden!
    Hope you get a great tennant and a great price!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.