Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Some Update Photos of 507

I am writing this post huddled under shawl and blanket listening to a driving northerly wind mixed with rain pelt the side of the house. Wednesday it was 90 degrees.  Today it is 40 and falling. That is just crazy!

I have a few photos that may or may not be as exciting to anyone else, but they certainly have my blood singing!

This first photo was taken last Friday.  Ornery hauled all the big construction trash to the curb for the city to haul away.  It cost $30.00, but not much more than taking it to the dump ourselves at $20.00 for the dump fee plus gas for the hour long round trip--and bonus: we didn't have to take time out to drive it to the dump or handle it more than once!  I missed a photo of the first load, trying to scramble to get my phone and the door unlocked to take the picture.  Getting rid of that pile of garbage (including a STILL dripping greasy microwave) was like a weight lifted.

 This is the kitchen so far.  As of yesterday I had finished painting the last of the cabinet doors, all the shelves are lined and all but two of the drawers as well. (I ran out of tiles...) Can you see how shiny those doors are?  Makes me so happy!

 The cabinet below the kitchen sink was really gnarly. Ornery found a really long knife sharpener hidden down there that looked a lot like a sword (among other things)!  Anyway, let's just say it was dark and beyond dirty and leave it at that.

This is the same cabinet after cleaning, painting and lining with around $2.00 worth of floor tiles. Elizabeth did an amazing job working around those pipes and the angled front section. I was terribly impressed and delighted!

Having the floor and counter cleared off made me feel so good!  There are still five doors to hang, the vent hood to install, kick plate and the walls to paint, but we are about 80% done in here as far as time spent. We have to wait on the drywall man to do some work in there before I can go much further. 


Now on to the bathroom...
This is the newly reworked hall bathroom vanity cabinet.  WHAT an improvement!! Remember how it looked before? 
 He countersunk the screws and filled the low places and cracks with water putty.  A good round with the sander and some paint and new hardware made a huge improvement, no?  He had to remake the front of the top right drawer, but other than having less paint on it than all the others, one would never know!

After he lined inside the cabinet floor and I painted it all, lined the drawers and put all the new hardware on it looked almost new!  We are a great team! :)


This is the newly painted bathroom. There are still many details to finish in there, but at least we can move ahead now. The drywall repairs are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but they are better than what was there, and most people won't be as critical of the end result as we are!

6 comments:

  1. oh i love this pictures, before and after mmhh delicious!

    It looks really good, especially that tiling job under the sink...and the new bathroom ohhh so shiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ornery's Wife .. love this update - well done on getting so much done, doing the A - Z and generally living (I think you are -probably just?!) ... so pleased 507 is coming together ...

    I haven't been over .. but your posts are still in my Reader so I'll be back anon ... big congratulations for now - and a glass of champers across the airwaves in due course .... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant pictures, everything all new and shiny. What hard work to get to that point. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh I love home improvements, the bathroom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you are able to reuse and not just replace...cheaper and kinder on the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All nice and shiny indeed, a great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.