Dawn Marie at
Big Girl Panties, one of the readers of my blog during the A to Z Blogging challenge, has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Check it out!
 |
| Such pretty bling, and the first for this blog! The reason for the award is because she thinks this is such a great blog. **Ahem.** I won't tell her if you don't... |
For me to actually EARN this award I have to do a few things. First I have to share 11 fun facts about me. Then I have to answer 11 questions from the giver of this prestigious award, then I need to nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and ask 11 questions of them! Whew! According to my limited math skills, that means 44 steps to be able to post that little vase of flowers on my sidebar! I love flowers, and I need some more decor at Zoe Cottage, so here goes:
- I love the color green.
- My purse is a green Fossil.
- I was once stopped by security at the court house because Fossil purses have a little metal key as a decorative piece and they thought I had a hand-cuff key in my purse.
- I laughed at the security guard... he was not impressed. Then he showed me the x-ray photo of the key. My face was red when I pulled out the key to show him. Oops.
- I tend to laugh at the wrong moment because spontaneous laughter seems to happen to me!
- I blab and yammer when I am nervous, saying things I would NEVER say any other time.
- Ornery says I am not as bad as I used to be, and I think if I hadn't improved he would have fitted me for a muzzle...
- My first "real" date with Ornery (other than to the cafeteria at school) was a double date to see Star Wars--the original movie--when it first came out.
- Ornery watched the movie, I watched him. :)
- I adore purple petunias. I have been known to inhale whole petals while sniffing them.
- I did this last week at Lowe's because I LOVE the scent of purple petunias!
Okay, now to answer Dawn Marie's questions:
- What do you value most in
life? My relationship with my husband and kids.
- If you had to pick up and
leave now, to move to another country, where would you go? Texas. s'truth. No passport needed, only have to drive a few hours, temperate (mostly) climate, they speak English!
-
How do you deal with someone
you don't like? Avoidance seems to work fairly well for me...but really there are not many people I really don't like.
-
Name one Television character that
you simply adore? Simon Cowell
- What would you chose, love or
money and why? Love. Money is of no good if you are alone.
- If given a choice, what animal
would you like to be and why? A spoiled dog because owners are so goofy with them!
- If you were stranded on a
lonely beach, what 5 things would you hope you had with you? Ornery, my Nook, a blanket, some water and my cell phone because I wouldn't want to be stranded for very long!
- If you could meet anyone,
living or dead, who would you meet? Poke the Rock.
- What do you miss most about
being a kid? My mom (who died when I was 9)
- If you had to change your
first name, what would you change it to? Gracie (rhymes with Tracy so I wouldn't have to get used to a whole new name... sorta.)
- If you could know the answer
to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Why? There are so many answers for that depending on the rest of the question, but I spent many years trying to find answers to those "why" questions when my daughter was little.
Half way through! Now, for 11 bloggers I would like to share this illustrious award with: (sorry if you are a repeat customer--Just thinking these are
some of my faves...)
- Maggid at Jubilee Street
- Poke the Rock
- Coffee Lady at My Morning Cup of Coffee
- Mare Ball at Adventures in the Ball Park
- Jen at We're Living a Full Life
- Kellie at Delightfully Ludicrous
- Crystal Collier at Compulsive Creator
- The Giggling Trucker's Wife
- Julie at Empty Nest Insider
- Cathy at Life on the Muskoka River
- Hilary at Positive Letters; Inspirational Stories
Phew! That is always the hardest part! Now for my 11 questions: (Feel free to modify them any way you like!)
- What is your favorite location from which to blog--home or away?
- When and where was your last vacation?
- Are you a piler or a filer when it comes to organization?
- Coffee, tea or "pop" (soft drinks)?
- Have you ever yelled at an inanimate object?
- Would you rather read fiction or true stories?
- Have you ever met anyone who is "famous?" If so who?
- Do you have indoor plants and are they thriving or just surviving?
- At home do you always wear shoes or prefer bare feet?
- One of your guilty pleasures is...
- If you were to become famous overnight, what would you prefer to be the reason for your fame? Politician? Writer? Performer? or...
Okay, folks, that's it. I worked really hard to earn that award!! Now I am fixin' ta put it on my sidebar. If you decide to accept the award, (and you really don't even have to be one of the eleven I put in here--just grab the award and follow the rules) do as I did:
- List 11 fun facts about yourself
- Answer my 11 questions on your blog
- Link back to me as the giver of your award
- Select 11 bloggers to present the award to and link them in your post
- List 11 questions for them to answer.
Easy as pie. Now, off to the rental to throw a bit of paint around. We have the drywall man coming today, so maybe we can finish painting the kitchen next week! Happy Saturday!
Aww shucks, thanks :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome. :)
Deletetm
aawwhhh thank you so much!! I blushed there!
ReplyDeleteOh wow I do the whole laughing when not appropriated thing too...and the talking way too much when nervous!
I got the award recently but I want to answer your questions:
1) home!
2) just back, I need another one!
3) I am a throw it anywhere I do it later, like never
4) COFFEE
5) All. The. Time.
6) fiction
7) Colin Farrell and I am on good terms with the son of Ozzy Osbourne...now I just need a rich millionaire!
8) I have one, I don't know what it is but it grows!
9) fluffy socks in winter and bare feet in summer
10) reading really sloppy romantic mangas (japanese comics)
11) either illustrator or you know finger puppet painter
Thank you for your answers. :) Didn't mean to make you blush... well, maybe a little.
Deletetm
Awww you want to meet a rock poker, how nice hahaha
ReplyDeleteYes, sir. I am hoping if I meet her she might poke around and draw me some pictures!
Deletetm
Hiya .. thanks for the mention - I'm hopeless with awards .. I'm afraid they gather dust - perhaps I need to do some moving .. but I love people appreciating the blog - over and above that I fail hopelessly ..
ReplyDeleteThank you so much .. and so pleased for you ... cheers Hilary
No worries. I almost didn't do it myself. This was the first one on this blog, though, so I figured I may as well at least have ONE bit of bling on my sidebar!
Deletetm
Congratulations Tracy. Well deserved. I liked the way you made your random facts into a little vignette. Good job. God bless, Maria
ReplyDeleteThanks, Maria! I was in a particularly spunky mood when I wrote this!
Deletetm
Congratulations and thank you so very much for honoring me!
ReplyDeleteKathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com
You are welcome, Kathy!
Deletetm
Well done on the Liebster! A well-given honour for your blog.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)
Thanks for the award, Ms. Ornery! I'm late checking in w/ blogs, as my dad as been ill, so I'm catching up on being behind. :-) Another kind blogger gave me a Liebster, so I'm going to combine the two and adapt it a bit. It's fun to be recognized, isn't it? ;-) What a lot of work you are doing on this little house! We just renovated a bathroom, and it took 3 weeks. Can't imagine re-doing a house. But it's great to see the changes take place.
ReplyDeletefrom The Dugout