One year ago today we listed Miller Manor for sale and began the whirlwind of sorting, packing, cleaning, PAINTING, moving, cleaning, remodeling and more PAINTING! Here is a list of the rooms we have painted in the last year...
Between March 9th and April 14th, 2011 @Miller Manor:
- dining room (which required removing wallpaper)
- kitchen and hall between kitchen and dining room (which required removing wallpaper and doing some termite damage repair in one wall)
- living room
- hall bathroom
- utility room
Since May 23rd, 2011 @Zoe Cottage: (photos shown below list)
We have changed color schemes, artwork, dishes, linens, one of our vehicles, hobbies and that doesn't even begin to cover the things we have done
outside. The list of changes is rather overwhelming, and had I known what was ahead a year ago, I doubt I would have braved it! We have survived--nay, thrived!-- and are loving our new home. There are a few things I miss about Miller Manor, but not enough to wish it back!
While I really like all the changes we have made to the house, there are two that stand out as my very favorites; the living room ceiling and the master closet renovation with vinyl wood-look floor.
Since this photo was taken I have moved a small night stand in to house all my small things and filled up more of the shelves, but both Ornery and I have commented on how wonderful it is to be able to go in and out of the master closet and bedroom without having to go all the way around through the kitchen and dining room first. We stood in there just the other day with sappy grins on our faces as we looked around and commented on how wonderful it is.
This was taken after the Christmas decor was up, but it does show the beautiful ceiling and wall colors fairly well. This is
my favorite room in the house!
I am pretty sure Ornery would say his favorite room is the Man Cave...
...which doesn't even look like this anymore since he has added more stuff--saws, drill press, etc. He has used this garage more in the nine months we have lived here than he did all the other garages combined!
By the time we have lived here a year, I anticipate that all the rooms will have had a new coat of paint and all but one room will be finished (my studio is slated for some built-ins and a new floor). All that remains is the guest bathroom which will get new vinyl flooring in the toilet area, Schooner paint on the walls and a bright white ceiling. We have a hand-me-down white light fixture to put in over the sink to replace the Hollywood make-up lights and will use white towels to brighten it up even more.
Your house looks so lovely, alive, richly colorful yet very peaceful too-- very inviting! What a mammoth amount you all have accomplished!!!!!
ReplyDelete