It is already the middle of the week and I have to wonder where the time gets to! I have managed to edit another message and start on a third, (hopefully to finish that one today) worked a lovely 750 piece puzzle my MIL gave me for my birthday, and yesterday I played a little bit with my twinks in the art journal. My lack of drawing skill makes the exercise frustrating but I still love the colors, and as I play around with both the drawing and the painting, I expect I will eventually find my niche.
I need to move past the notion that my art has to look "real" or like anyone/everyone else's art. I am not really interested in people seeing my art journal pieces--they are sort of a brain-dump and I don't want to have to explain or feel the need to defend them. This is something new for me--both the art and the privacy wishes--and I am a little surprised at my feelings!
We have had several gray days and a nice amount of rain this week. Ornery helped me move my newly potted plants to the covered porch so they wouldn't flood. The forecast had predicted 4 to 8 inches of rain with possible hail and high winds, so I was afraid they would be ruined. We got a hair over 2 inches of rain and, as far as I know, no hail. It seems to have moved on for now, and while there are chances for rain for the rest of the weekdays, it looks like Saturday will be lovely--mid to upper 70's and sunny!
One thing I have not been doing is writing on my blog! Posts are getting fewer and farther between, but life is quiet and I don't have much to say--at least not for public consumption! :) I think I would like to start taking a photo each day and posting it, but I am not going to stress about it if I miss a day. It would be good to improve my photography skills, and as with the art, improvement will only happen with experimentation and practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.