Friday was a busy day, starting at 4:00 AM when I hit the ground running. By 10:00 I had already packaged up the shadow boxes for the grands and done a dozen other little chores around the house including painting a flower pot, making a birthday card and marginally picking up things in my studio.
I went to the post office at about 10:30, then met Ornery at Panera for lunch. In the afternoon I worked in the garage, sweeping and tidying things up. Then I made five little origami dresses for an etsy customer. After dinner, Ornery mowed the lawn and I painted the two benches he made. The highlight of my day was finding my new twinkling H2O's in the mailbox--18 new colors that I can hardly wait to try out!
Saturday after breakfast Ornery and I went over to Grogg's Green Barn (organic gardening center) and bought a few plants for the garden, then came home and worked on the front flower bed. In the afternoon, he took the toilet back out of the master bathroom to hopefully repair a leak that was leaving water all over the new floor!
The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and yes, we wore green in honor of St. Patrick. :) Elizabeth went out with a friend to an art museum, dinner and a movie. She has been working really hard on her classes, at work and even around the house, so I am glad she had a chance to get out.
Late in the evening, Ornery and I went to Lowe's to buy a few project finishers and stopped in the garden center for a look-see. We might have gotten a few flowering things for the back porch...
Sunday we started off slow and tapered off. It was a genuine day of rest for all of us, not particularly by design, just because we were all so lethargic. Ornery worked some more on getting the toilet to stop leaking--after two seals he realized it wasn't the base but the tank that was leaking... Hopefully he has it fixed. If not, we'll be buying a new toilet next week. I moved a few things we bought for the yard out of the garage and onto the back porch, transplanted a couple of things into new pots and tidied up. There are still a few little pots of herbs and clover that need tending, but they can wait until tomorrow.
Ornery and Elizabeth made another run to Lowe's for some project materials--he is going to make some mason bee houses for the yard and we needed some more hooks to hang the plants from the pergola--but that is as far as the projects got, just materials purchased.
In the afternoon, I played in my studio for a bit, and completed a "stained glass" pane I had been thinking about since the end of last month. I took a discarded piece of 11X14 picture frame glass and used alcohol inks and twinks on it. I glued it to a frame I found at Hobby Lobby for 15 cents, and am now trying to figure out whether or not I need to add anything else to it. Then I made a color chart of all my twinks so I don't have to wonder what color they will be when I use them. Ornery and I took a little walk around the block, then sat on the porch rockers until someone's chiminea smoke chased us indoors. I am not sure why people think it is fun to sit around a smokey fire, but they are all the rage here and nothing clogs up my throat quicker than that smoke.
I didn't take any pictures this weekend, so there are none for this post. It is too bad, too, since Elizabeth was dressed up--skirt, heels, tights and make-up! I suggested that she could reenact the outfit for me so I could photograph it, but she nixed the idea straight out of the chute! :( Oh, well. At least we know she cleans up nice. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.