Much inspiration was gleaned while looking through Once a Month Cooking (which is where the recipe for Chicken Packets came from--although my copy is not the new revised and expanded edition--I have had it for about 20 years!) I had forgotten about a lot of those recipes and I have to admit my lapse in cooking was mostly due to being terribly uninspired.
After work, Ornery worked out in the Man Cave on a plant bench using some of the treated lumber we had gotten for garden beds. He had already cut two boards, so they wouldn't take it back with the others. We figured this might be a good use for the wood to get it out of the garage and give me something to set the pots of plants on so they would be off the ground.
I plan to paint it later on--after he builds the second bench. I am trying to figure out which of the many colors of paint we have left on the shelf to use on the project. I do have quite a few options!
Ornery also re-baited the traps in the garage. The first round of peanut butter was completely gone--it didn't even leave a greasy spot! He added more peanut butter and moved the spring a bit to make it more sensitive and hopefully catch our little phantom.
Saturday morning while Elizabeth and Ornery were at the aviation work day, I made Calzones, spaghetti sauce and chili. I also finished putting the fringe on the red and black shawl on the loom, created on a new page in my art journal and dusted the living room.
After lunch, Elizabeth went to see if she could find some Dr Marten's shoes to wear to work and Ornery took a nap. I downloaded my new CD (which arrived with two new puzzles in the morning mail.) The baking I had planned to do along with the other cooking didn't get done.
Elizabeth was successful with her shoe search although she ended up having to order the pair she wanted. When she got home she suggested we go look at phones since hers was behaving like a teen-aged girl--moody and unpredictable. Her contract isn't up until December, meaning a hefty fee would need to be paid to get a new phone, but mine was already up for renewal, so she bought me a new phone ($29.00!!) and took my old android (which I paid 10 times that for a year and a half ago!)
The rest of the day was spent re-entering all my phone numbers, which for some reason refused to load onto the new phone. I like the new one but it will take a bit of getting used to. It is still an android model, but branded ATT instead of HTC, which is what I had before. This is Elizabeth's first smart phone but I could tell she was already getting into the capabilities after just a short time of working with it. As for me, I found a cool wallpaper with birds on a wire that fly around... it entertained me for quite some time. :)
Saturday night was rainy, and cut short by an hour since we set our clocks forward an hour for Daylight Saving Time.
Sunday morning, the traps were empty again. This time he baited with cheese, although that seems even more unlikely to catch it to me... I am afraid we will have to resort to something less humane like sticky traps or poison--neither of which appeal to me but I really can't abide the thought of housing a rat!
We listened to the sermon and I worked one of my new puzzles, then we dined on roast beef and mashed potatoes--Ornery's favorite meal in the whole world! :)
Ornery worked on the bathroom floor before and after lunch. All he lacks is replacing the trim and cleaning up the mess. He also still has to figure out how to finish off the carpet into the bedroom. I can hardly believe it is almost finished!!
He did a really nice job on it--especially considering this was his first solo attempt at anything like this. When everything is all put back together, I will post photos of the finished project.
Elizabeth spent a lot of time studying and doing homework for her two classes, hoping to have less of it to do during the week. She is filling in for another woman who will be out for a couple of weeks or more, and still having to do her job as well, so she is going to be working over-time.
The coming week will be dedicated to finishing off a few projects and helping Elizabeth prepare for a birthday surprise for a friend. I am also working on a birthday gift for my grandson who will be two in a couple of weeks. I have a dentist (cleaning) appointment and intend to work several hours a day on editing. No worries we'll be bored!
I plan to paint it later on--after he builds the second bench. I am trying to figure out which of the many colors of paint we have left on the shelf to use on the project. I do have quite a few options!
Ornery also re-baited the traps in the garage. The first round of peanut butter was completely gone--it didn't even leave a greasy spot! He added more peanut butter and moved the spring a bit to make it more sensitive and hopefully catch our little phantom.
Saturday morning while Elizabeth and Ornery were at the aviation work day, I made Calzones, spaghetti sauce and chili. I also finished putting the fringe on the red and black shawl on the loom, created on a new page in my art journal and dusted the living room.
After lunch, Elizabeth went to see if she could find some Dr Marten's shoes to wear to work and Ornery took a nap. I downloaded my new CD (which arrived with two new puzzles in the morning mail.) The baking I had planned to do along with the other cooking didn't get done.
Elizabeth was successful with her shoe search although she ended up having to order the pair she wanted. When she got home she suggested we go look at phones since hers was behaving like a teen-aged girl--moody and unpredictable. Her contract isn't up until December, meaning a hefty fee would need to be paid to get a new phone, but mine was already up for renewal, so she bought me a new phone ($29.00!!) and took my old android (which I paid 10 times that for a year and a half ago!)
The rest of the day was spent re-entering all my phone numbers, which for some reason refused to load onto the new phone. I like the new one but it will take a bit of getting used to. It is still an android model, but branded ATT instead of HTC, which is what I had before. This is Elizabeth's first smart phone but I could tell she was already getting into the capabilities after just a short time of working with it. As for me, I found a cool wallpaper with birds on a wire that fly around... it entertained me for quite some time. :)
Saturday night was rainy, and cut short by an hour since we set our clocks forward an hour for Daylight Saving Time.
Sunday morning, the traps were empty again. This time he baited with cheese, although that seems even more unlikely to catch it to me... I am afraid we will have to resort to something less humane like sticky traps or poison--neither of which appeal to me but I really can't abide the thought of housing a rat!
We listened to the sermon and I worked one of my new puzzles, then we dined on roast beef and mashed potatoes--Ornery's favorite meal in the whole world! :)
Ornery worked on the bathroom floor before and after lunch. All he lacks is replacing the trim and cleaning up the mess. He also still has to figure out how to finish off the carpet into the bedroom. I can hardly believe it is almost finished!!
He did a really nice job on it--especially considering this was his first solo attempt at anything like this. When everything is all put back together, I will post photos of the finished project.
Elizabeth spent a lot of time studying and doing homework for her two classes, hoping to have less of it to do during the week. She is filling in for another woman who will be out for a couple of weeks or more, and still having to do her job as well, so she is going to be working over-time.
The coming week will be dedicated to finishing off a few projects and helping Elizabeth prepare for a birthday surprise for a friend. I am also working on a birthday gift for my grandson who will be two in a couple of weeks. I have a dentist (cleaning) appointment and intend to work several hours a day on editing. No worries we'll be bored!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.