The urge to write has been absolutely frantic inside me this week. I have been editing most assiduously, to the point of exhaustion most days, yet my mind has been spinning with ideas and thoughts that I just have to empty out of there!
My original goal was to write 365 letters for m&m, my grandchildren; one for each day of the year. As I thought of the logistics for such a project--would each one be in an envelope? Hand written or printed on the computer? Themes for each day of the week?--I discovered that while I hope to eventually turn these letters into that project, the exercise in writing them at all, much less to a target audience, was a rather ambitious one.
So, since Blogger has been my friend for just a few days shy of 5 years now, (Is that really possible?!?) I decided to write my letters in a blog and see where I go from there. My letters will be on a wide range of topics about my life and the lessons I am learning or nuggets of wisdom I have gleaned from the past. I have asked my beloved to assist me with some ideas and thoughts he might like to pass on to his grandchildren. Of course, I had to promise that I would only expect the ideas from him, not the actual writing thereof.
So, the blog has been launched and my first letter is there. Naturally the blog is called Letters from Zoe Cottage. Please visit and let me know what you think.
Wonderful idea! I enjoyed all you shared. What a treasure for your grandchildren to be able to know you through your words!!
ReplyDeleteSo neat! Indeed, your time and love and effort will be treasured by them!
ReplyDelete