"It's all about ME!"
I have always heard that if you want to begin writing, you should write about something you know. I have a wide and varied range of interests and experiences, so this A to Z adventure is going to reflect various aspects of who I am, what I like, how I believe and what I know (or think I know, anyway!) So, let's get this party started!A is for About
My name is Tracy, but online I am orneryswife, or to some relatives and friends I am tm. I also answer to Mom, Aunt Tracy, and Grandma, depending on who is speaking to me. I won't bore you with the twenty or so nicknames Ornery has for me, some of which I answer to...
I am 53 as of this writing, and I live in a suburb of Tulsa, OK. Ornery and I met at Oral Roberts University in 1977, married in 1979, and promptly began our family. He is still the man of my dreams, all these years later. More about my best friend in later posts.
| A few years old photo of Ornery and Me, but still one of my favorites! |
Elizabeth joined our family in 1980, and Ryan in 1986. Their spouses are Michael and Ale, respectively. Ryan and Ale (short for Alejandra) have two children that I refer to here as the M & M as their names are Micah and Makayla.
| Michael and Elizabeth live in Tulsa. He is a computer programmer, she works for a manufacturing company at international shipping. |
Additionally I assisted in coordinating three homeschool support groups and did the newsletter for those organizations for several years. I taught seminars to beginning home educators, hosted/organized two large area events--one for Homeschooling Middle School and High School--and produced a Vacation Bible School that the church was still talking about 10 years later.
I have worked in a variety of part-time jobs: fast food, university law library, machine operator for evangelical association, cashier and cooks assistant, secretary/receptionist, retail department head and cash office manager at Hobby Lobby. My last actual paying gig was at a scrapbook store, and while I suppose I did earn a wage, all the money went right back to the store since every new box I opened held so many treasures I "needed" to have for my own! I have also been in a lot of MLM/Direct Marketing businesses; Advocare, Amway, Arbonne, Pampered Chef, Tupperware. I have an Etsy shop where I sell my handmade items, although the stock is pretty low right now since we have been working on a property to rent out.
I adore being a homemaker, especially the freedom to pursue a variety of interests and do tasks when and how I want, rather than at the behest of another. Ornery has always provided well for us, and I keep his world running like a well oiled machine by handling all the details. I especially like making any place we live into a home. Painting, decorating, gardening, organizing, cooking, cleaning--they all fit together to make my days halcyon. While we don't watch TV (no, not at all!) we both enjoy reading, and I like to write, craft and paint, and Ornery has recently taken up wood working as a hobby. (My part in that is coming up with projects!)
This post is the first of 26 to appear in April for the AtoZ blogging challenge. This blog hop was founded by Arlee Bird at Tossing It Out http://tossingitout.

Just looking in as we are near neighbours (sorry about the spelling but I'm blogging from England) on the A-Z list and thought I'd say 'hi'. I hate writing about myself so I admire people who do.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the rest of the challenge. It sounds as if you've already got a busy life without having to blog each day.
Hi, Sally! Yes, life does seem to be rather overwhelming at the moment. Thanks for dropping in to say hi.
Deletetm
Hello, popping over from A to Z, we are near each other. I've been a stay at home mom for 10+ years now and I love it. It's funny how some people assume you do nothing all day. My days are so filled with stuff to do, I need a few more hours. Looking forward to the challenge.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping in, Lisa! I agree that there are never enough hours in the day--especially if your kids are still at home.
Deletetm
Hi TM. I love this opening of the A to Z just telling about you. You are a person I know I would be friends with. As a stay at home mom, married to my best friend, home school family, I can see we have some things in common. And it certainly seems like you are happy and keep a great attitude. May you have a great April. God bless, Maria from Delight Directed Living
ReplyDeletesounds like we have a lot in common--welcome to day one :)
ReplyDeleteLovely to meet you!
ReplyDelete"He is still the man of my dreams, all these years later." D'awwwwww. *wipes away tear*
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have been, and keep yourself, very busy. Nice to meet you through the A to Z!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like a very lucky person to have so many people to love in your life.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment on my post (C is for Choice)this morning, Tracy. Love that you don't watch TV. People wonder where their times goes, often it's into TV. We don't watch it either, but watch a few quality shows for the kids in Dutch.
ReplyDeleteNice to "meet" you through the A to Z!
Popping in from the a-z. such a nice blog. I'm a homemaker too...have done all kinds of things, but my heart is happiest "home-making." I read your Belief day and am so happy you are at a place of more peace about your faith. It's a journey for all of us. I love finding other believers in the blogspshere! I'm a new follower. Visit me, if you'd like:
ReplyDeletefrom The Dugout
I had to come back and read the all about me page. I don't know why I didn't catch it earlier. Nice to know your name, Tracy. And thanks for sharing the A to Z challenge with me. It's been fun. God bless, Maria at Delight Directed Living
ReplyDelete