Well, it isn't really a whole weekend in review, mostly just the day, but old habits are hard to break.
We got to 507 at about 9:00 this morning, and started right in. Ornery worked in the bathroom finishing stuff, I worked on painting in the master bedroom, Elizabeth cleaned the ceiling fans and Michael scrubbed paint off about 100 hinges from the kitchen cabinets. I am sure it wasn't really 100, and he only got through about 1/2, but there were a lot of them! Here are a few pictures of the day.
 |
| The before photo. See the closet inserts and unpainted doors? Inside that closet lurked some very old pink paint... |
 |
| Naturally I don't have any pictures from the same vantage point, but here is the same wall from a different corner. The patches still need some floating and priming, but we made some significant progress in here! |
 |
| It is hard to tell, but the ceiling is also painted the same color. It is called Hopsack, by Valspar. The pink cast is caused by the reflection of Big Red on the driveway just outside the window. |
 |
| Here are the newly painted closets. All they lack is baseboard paint, one closet bar and one shelf to be painted. Ornery cut the other shelf today and installed it and the closet bar, but I forgot to get a photo after he finished. |
I still had some paint left in my tray, so I went out into the living room to use it up. Look at how different this is going to look!
 |
| You can see all the cabinet doors are off in the kitchen, and all the other doors are stacked against the living room wall waiting for me to paint them. |
It was so nice outside that we decided to work out there for a spell. Ornery mixed up some Round-up and sprayed the English Ivy that is wanting to take over the fence and yard, while I swept up and organized the garage. I also shoveled all the broken cement from the drive into a bucket, but I am not sure where we will find someone strong enough to lift it!
We knew this house would be a big learning experience for us, and I am sure we are making all sorts of mistakes, but we are hopefully going to be wiser on the other side of the job--providing we ever finish!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.