Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Work Begins at 507!

Yesterday at 2:00 PM Ornery and I arrived at the closing company office with gifts in hand and smiles on our faces. The gifts were for the closer, our realtor and our finance company representative, (the latter never showed up.)  Inside the gift bags beneath the freshly ironed tissue paper... (wha-a-a-a-t??!) were mini-clipboards from my etsy shop and a bag of freshly made caramels.  The morning had been quite busy for me!
Since the mortgage company representative did not come to the closing, we gave the caramels to the selling agent, who just happened to be someone we met about 30 years ago and had attended church with when Ryan was in about 4th grade.  Tulsa is such a small world!

Following the closing, we dashed home and loaded up a few tools and went to our newly acquired property, heretofore named "507" on this blog. We didn't even go inside the house, merely used the garage door opener and worked outside.  The sun was shining and the temperature was just slightly on the cool side, but ideal for the outside work we had planned for the day.

Ornery worked on the gutters, cleaning out who knows how many years of sludge, while I raked leaves and cut back saplings that had been allowed to grow up in the flower beds. I cleaned out the flower bed around the base of a huge tree in the front yard and discovered all sorts of delights--iris, crocus, hyacinths and day lilies--coming up or blooming.

By the end of the work session I had filled four big bags with leaves and twigs, and Ornery had made a significant mess on the driveway, and a fair amount of progress on the clean up.


I will be headed back there this afternoon to meet with the water department and a plumber.  There is a fairly strong smell of natural gas in the garage, and we have to be there for them to turn on the water. While I am there, I will continue with my yard clean-up project.  It was and will be nice to be outside for a while as we have another pleasant day ahead according to the forecast.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start on getting the new place ready to rent. Congratulations upon closing! Courage and hard work have chased 'nerves' away. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good notes from the day,
    Good to be here
    I am here via a to z blog pages
    Nice to know that you too are in the list
    C U then In April LOL
    Good Wishes And
    Best Regards

    Phil @ Philipscom
    An ambassador to A to Z Challenge @ Tina's Life is Good
    And My Bio-blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.