Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Slowing Down

I suppose it is only natural that a body will tire to the point that it no longer functions at full capacity, and I think that is what has happened to us here.  Ornery was up relatively early this morning (considering he stayed up reading until 11:00 last night!) and went to the grocery store for me while I visited with Elizabeth over coffee.  CW didn't get up until after 8:00, and both he and Ornery sort of dragged their bodies through the day.

After I fixed us a big breakfast, we arrived at 507 around 9:45.  They dropped me and the Rainbow vacuum cleaner off, then left for Lowe's to buy door trim.  I worked on cleaning up the cement dust while they were gone, and spent a frustrating hour trying to track down the company responsible for a low hanging cable that stretches across the back yard and attaches to the side of the house.  Automated customer service is surely designed to see how determined you really are to talk to someone!

Once I finally traced down the company, it took about a minute to turn in a work order.  We'll see how soon they come, but at least it is on the books.

The tree people came briefly this morning to pick up the last of the branches from yesterday's cutting.  Unfortunately there was rain in the forecast (it rained briefly late in the morning) and they didn't come back to finish the job.  The remaining tasks are grind the stump of the big tree in front and trim the branches on the oak trees in the back so they don't hang over the house.  Don't you just hate it when a contractor promises, "It will be finished today." and then doesn't come back for weeks (and at that because you have nagged incessantly) to get it done?  I had my doubts about this guy from the beginning, but on the up side, the tree is no longer a hazard to my neighbor's house and fence, so I am not complaining too loudly!

CW worked on the tile, and finished the last of it today.  Ornery worked on hanging door trim on the two garage doors and filling the spaces between the frame and the house with that inflatable spray foam insulation.  He brought me home at about 4:00 when we finally stopped for lunch.  He went back to work and at this writing they are both still hard at it.

Things are really starting to come together, and we are happy with the results so far.  I didn't take any photos today, but I will post some tomorrow after the grout is in the tile.  Next up on the "to do" list is filling cracks in the sheet rock. That should keep them busy for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.