I worked all morning yesterday on cleaning out files, contacting people with house related issues and taking care of business. The afternoon found me at 507 sitting in a lawn chair on the driveway with the sun on my face and my Nook in my hands. The city came to turn on the water, and the plumber came to chase down the source of a natural gas smell. One of them was successful, but not the plumber.
I raked up three bags of leaves from a flowerbed and discovered (to my dismay!) that the two huge hydrangea plants were casualties from the people who put in the piers. I am so disappointed as those are some of my favorite flowers. Ornery said I could plant some more there--obviously they liked it well enough in that bed before they were disturbed. They may still come back, but all the twigs above ground indicate they are dead, so if any life remains it is in the roots. Today I will cut them to the ground and see what happens this spring.
I got a pretty pink cast to my face by the end of the afternoon, but other than being a little itchy at times, it felt so good to be in the sun. Today it is overcast and windy, so even if the temperature does get to the forecast high of 68, it still won't be as warm as yesterday.
We will be working inside this weekend since it is supposed to rain Saturday. We hope to get one bedroom done before CW comes from AZ to work with us. His main job will be the master bathroom, but I don't know how extensively he will be able to change it up. We'll see!
We need to get some energy flowing for the work this weekend. We are both pretty tired, but every day we putter around and don't get things done costs us a day of rent money. We need to get hoppin'!
You must live in a pretty warm climate! In Chicago, there's plenty of snow on the ground. No gardening for me! ~~ Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
ReplyDeleteJolie: We have had a really mild winter this year. Mostly I don't go out when the temperature is less than 55, but I love to go out when it is around 65-75, which we have had a bit of lately. Thanks for the comment, and I am really looking forward to the challenge!
Deletetm