wast·ed (w![]() st d)
adj.
1. Not profitably used or maintained: a wasted inheritance.
2. Needless or superfluous: These are wasted words.
3. Deteriorated; ravaged: a wasted landscape.
4. Frail and enfeebled, as from prolonged illness; emaciated.
5. Slang Drunk or intoxicated.
6. Archaic Having elapsed.
|
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
I was out of it enough that even though I remembered to take a photo of the newly installed sink, I failed to remember to bring home the camera to download it.
The guys (who said they were going to have a couple of easy days) ended up arriving home last night at about midnight. They gave up on the last little bit of the sink installation, packed up all CW's tools and loaded them into his van so he could head back to Arizona in the morning. As he predicted, or planned or whatever, he left at 8:00 AM on the dot this morning. Ornery, who only had 4 hours of sleep last night, took me to 507 at lunch to await the arrival of the tree trimming crew and another company offering a bid on the guttering. I keep hoping we will find someone to do the latter for really cheap, but so far, no such luck.
The tree people never came, and called Ornery at 6:00 to say they might be there tomorrow. I don't plan to be there after waiting around all afternoon with no call, so unless they call and say they are there, (which will really surprise me) I am not going to worry about it. What a frustrating bunch they have been!
After work, Ornery picked me up along with $400.00 worth of Lowe's returns and we took it all back. EVERYTHING was coated in a fine film of sheet rock or cement dust, but they didn't seem to mind.
We plan to go back tomorrow evening and gather all the things that Habitat RESTORE might want. If they don't want them (I mean, I don't, but someone might...) I guess we will put them in the garage sale. One just never knows what might sell! Hopefully they can come by on Thursday, but if not, then one day next week.
Ornery has the day off on Friday, 1/2 is a holiday for Good Friday, and he has 4 hours of comp time to use up. I am guessing we will be at 507 slaving away. The project list is immense. Elizabeth is also off that day and has offered to help, although I don't really know what to have her do. Surely I will figure something out.

st
d)
Sometimes I think life throws a person a curve just to get us to see things in a new light. It is that new perspective that makes all the difference. Happy A-Zing!
ReplyDeleteKathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com