Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

A to Z Blogging: Q is for The Queen


 This post is in memory of our little dog, Twyla.  She was a rescue dog who adopted our family.  She was mostly Skye Terrier, and had some definite ideas about how she was to be treated--specifically as royalty.  We nicknamed her "The Queen" because she was so regal with her demands. 

She had Ryan and Ornery trained as her footmen.  They were expected to take her for walks, let her out, etc.  I was the culinary person, and was counted on to prepare succulent meals for her dining pleasure.  Yes, I actually cooked for the little beast!

When anyone came to the door, she would bark to make sure they noticed her, then walked to the treat bowl, expecting a little snack for being such a good little guard dog. :)

She was actually quite camera shy, so getting any photos of her was quite tricky, but we never gave up trying!  She was really quite funny with her little quirks, and she gave us much enjoyment just being her sweet self.

We only had her for about four years--they said she was about five or six when we got her--before she began exhibiting very strange behavior. 

She had developed cognitive disorder--similar to Alzheimer's disease in humans.  At the end she got very sick and apparently had a stroke.  Having her put to sleep was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. 

She has been gone four years this month.  I still miss her every single day, and while I thought I might want another dog, really, I just want The Queen back.


This post is part of a blog hop.  For the list of participants, click on the link on my sidebar that says, A to Z blogging challenge. 

6 comments:

  1. she looks gorgeous, the fur looks so silky!

    We had to put our dog to sleep and I miss him although is gone for over 10 years now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful pup indeed. And love how she wanted a treat for being a good guard dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, RIP little doggy. I know the pain of losing a beloved pet! I have lost a few cats in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad! They are precious parts of our families our pets are. Sweet baby dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a precious post - Thank you for sharing Memories of The Queen - now she lives in my heart, too.
    Thank you for adopting a rescue - I'm certain she had a marvelous life.

    -g-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.