Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

A to Z Blogging: X is for X-acto Knife


The X-acto knife is one tool I have never really mastered.  I have cut plenty of things with it, but to me it is akin to my brother-in-law's experience with the belt-sander.  A slight cut and I have to redo everything around it.

My daughter is quite good with this cutting tool.  She has done a lot of work using masks made from contact paper and cutting out tiny sections of a drawing with the knife.  I would have made a hash of it, but she seems to be quite handy like that.

How about you?  Do you ever use an xacto knife?  If so, how did you do?

4 comments:

  1. It's nice that your daughter works well with this cutting tool. I try to avoid sharp objects whenever possible.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me miss my "art" days. *sigh* I used to create layered paper artworks with my xacto knife--and they were brilliant! (Yes, they were.) Now the only layers I fashion are for plots, but hey, at least I'm still creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used them in the past for various crafts and house projects. I did OK, but boy are they sharp! Be careful! Happy A-to-Z 2013! ~Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.

    nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over
    that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further
    formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.


    Feel free to visit my blog Abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.