Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

A to Z Blogging: K is for Kindness

Ornery and I met the neighbor to the east of us at 507 a few days ago.  He is very nice, and quite chatty.  He came over to ask if it would be okay to pay a professional tree service to take down one of the branches on a big oak tree in the back yard.  It hangs several feet over his fence and he had asked previous owners to cut it down, but they never would do it.

We would have done it eventually, but since he offered... I thought that was very kind of him, even if it was to his benefit as much as ours.  He could have insisted we pay for it!

I think kindness is one character trait everyone should cultivate.  It is so easy to get caught up in our every day lives and forget that others are struggling just as much as we are--maybe even more so.  I know this man's kindness made our day!

8 comments:

  1. That's great, one less thing to do! Also I think it is important to get on with your neighbours, makes life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to be said for the tiny effort it takes to be kind....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindness opens the door. Cruelty slams it shut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a great neighbour and we often get together on one or another's front porch in the summer and spend hours gabbing away! Happy A-Z Blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the word of the day! And I'm going to agree with Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One will never regret being kind. Being mean, on the other hand, will keep recurring in the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! So true! Thanks for the kind words!
      tm

      Delete
  7. kindness is so important.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.