ec·cen·tric (
k-s
n
tr
k,
k-)
adj.
1. Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm or pattern. See Synonyms at strange.
While I can easily fall into traditional thinking, my behavior often says I am eccentric. I prefer to think of it as quirky, but whatever...
Here are a few of my quirks:
- I like pop music--like Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, One Direction, and others--not exactly the norm for a 50 something. That isn't all I listen to, but if I am alone, that is usually my first choice.
- I only watch movies--no television shows--and only those that make me laugh. I hate to cry during a movie.
- I not only don't watch TV, I will usually cut short a visit with anyone who has one on while I am there.
- If I wear socks they have to be: a) Smart Wool and b) wrinkle free. NO exceptions.
- I can read an entire book in about three hours. I am totally immersed in it and "live" it while I am reading, but I cannot usually remember the names of a single person in the book after I finish, and should I re-read it later, I am often still surprised by the ending.
- I love bright colors and would surround myself with them everywhere if I could. I am not particular about which color, (although my favorite is almost any shade of green) but I like them saturated and vivid.
- I do not enjoy shopping at all. If I could get by with it, I would never venture out to buy anything ever again.
- I LOVE to write letters.
These may seem typical to you, and if so, please speak up! I have always felt I marched to the beat of a different drum and it would be great if I could fit in!
This post is part of a blog hop called Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. There are almost 2000 bloggers participating, so please check out some of their offerings as well!
This post is part of a blog hop called Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. There are almost 2000 bloggers participating, so please check out some of their offerings as well!

I too love to write letters. Fun to read about your quirks- we've all got em :)
ReplyDeleteI just wish I knew more people who would reciprocate! :)
Deletetm
I'm with you a hundred percent on the socks. Bunching is no fun.
ReplyDeleteOne of my few childhood memories was of my mom getting frustrated with me for having thrown a hissy fit for half an hour over the fact that she would not iron my socks. :) I am better now, but they do have to be pulled up tightly!
Deletetm
Thank you for sharing your eccentricities. One of mine is when I go to the cinema, I have to be there when the movie starts to see the opening credits and I must stay during the closing credits, much to the dismay of my companions and the ones who sweep the theatre between shows.
ReplyDeleteI am there with you. I love to stay to the very end and especially get the names of the music if I liked the songs.
Deletetm
Hi Ornery's Wife! .. I concur with you - except can't wear wool .. pop .. usually older pop much to everyone's horror! I do watch some tv .. but never series .. but I love documentaries .. and some sport ...
ReplyDeleteCheers - and glad you're still with us at E ... Hilary
Hilary: I never liked wool either until the SmartWools, but that is the only kind of wool my skin will tolerate. I am glad you like pop music. :) I feel better. And thanks for being glad I am still here. So far I will at least make it through I, as all those posts are scheduled! :D
Deletetm
I don't watch much TV and agree with you on the shopping. My eccentric trait would be that I am 47 years old and still sleep with a stuffed animal. I use him like a body pillow.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm a Ninja Minion checking in. Are you enjoying the challenge?
ReplyDeleteOh, yes. I am having a ball. Have visited around 300 blogs or so (I would guess, not keeping a tally) and have found some fun and others not to my taste, but at least interesting. Thanks for the visit!
Deletetm
If you are eccentric, then I am in your club. Great post!
ReplyDeleteCynthia (The Sock Zone)@#837
I totally fit the bill for your bullet points 2,3,5,6 & 7. I would never have thought of myself as eccentric, though! I don't mind writing letters but now find that my emails are either very short, or if it's family or very old friends they tend to be very long. Daily novel writing, book marketing and blogging sucks up so much time. good luck with those socks!
ReplyDeleteNancy at Welcome to she said, he said
I always tell my kids that I want to be eccentric when I grow up. Seriously. And there is nothing wrong with pop music. I'm the opposite though about movies. I don't watch movies, however, I'm a fan of great series that move me.
ReplyDeleteOh my! I saw myself in that list way too many times. You are not alone, especially with the book reading thing. I always thought I have a really bad memory. But I lived through the book, also I can only watch movies with happy endings, why would I want to see something that makes me cry.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. I can relate to a few of these.
ReplyDeleteI like music that engages my mind or emotions. As long as it's not mass-produced musical wallpaper I don't care what label gets attached to it.
I don't watch much TV.
I like shopping for food or books, otherwise forget it :)
How fun to read! Now I'm thinking about myself...my brain is dead from writing all day :-) but I'm sure I'll come up with some of my own eccentricities.
ReplyDeleteStopped over from the A to Z Challenge and your newest follower!
Hi What a fun post!
ReplyDeleteI guess my eccentricities are going barefoot as much as possible, have to sleep in a bed that is tightly tucked in, and love to wake up late and stay up to 3 a.m.
I had dreadlocks down to my waist in my 40's and would still have them, but I took up swimming. I like to watch horror or crime movies to lull me to sleep.
This got me thinking! Thanks.
Donna
Some items on your list seem very typical to me. You're not alone, or eccentric - just special.
ReplyDelete