Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend in Review: Production Mode

Friday I actually accomplished all I had set out to do that day. The last thing (after the editing project and uploading cards to my etsy shop) was to get a first coat of paint on the table. Done. Then I made the domino I sold at the scrapbook store on Thursday.

Saturday we got a really slow start, but still managed to get a lot done. I had a conversation from an etsy customer wanting some unfinished elf stockings cut. She wanted six regular and three tall (10 inch) stockings. We had some errands to run, so while we were out, we picked up some more plywood to make them.  I made a new pattern for the taller socks, and Ornery got all of her order cut and a bunch more for me, as well!

While we were out, we dropped off the domino I had made and took in a little craft sale where I bought some much needed Tupperware canisters.  Elizabeth was here all morning, so she ran around with us, and we had a nice little visit.

I spent a good amount of time in the afternoon working in my studio. I made a sample Scrabble letter domino to show on my etsy shop for special orders, finished a set of all occasion cards I had started a couple of months ago, and packaged up the special order of wooden stockings. I had messed up one of the little folders for the clips I made last week, so I made a new one of those to replace it.  I have decided to make more of those to sell.

I ordered some Nature's Sunshine products for Ornery's mom, and while I was on the computer I designed and printed labels for Elizabeth's cookies for the exchange.  I am not baking cookies this year, but I hadn't decided that before I ordered the little boxes, so I offered to do the packaging for her if she wanted to enter the exchange. She picked the cookie and plans to make them, so I don't suppose anyone will complain.

We had to go buy lemons, so while we were out, we went back to Office Depot and bought more giant clips. Then I finished the tags for Elizabeth's cookies and covered a couple of the new stockings before going to bed at 10:00.  At 2:00 I woke up to the earth shaking.  At 5.6 it was the largest quake in our history, and certainly the biggest I have ever felt. It went on for about 30 seconds, but it was about 30 minutes before my heart was beating normally and I was able to go back to sleep.

Sunday morning, I got up and checked my phone for emails, and discovered I had sold three mini-clipboards! Between the domino, Elizabeth's purchase of airplane ornaments for her friends at work, and the two etsy sales, Miller Manor Designs had a pretty profitable weekend!

After a pancake breakfast, Ornery and I headed out to the garage.  He worked on modifications to his table saw to enable a more efficient dust collection system while I put a second coat on the table and sanded the pine basket rings. At 10:00 I went inside to bake some cookies and fix lunch. The time change had me hungry earlier!  We sat down at 11:30 to eat, so it wasn't any different than usual.

Ornery set up a photo shoot for my new etsy items (I now have 112 items in my shop!) and took pictures for me, then I posted a bunch more items, including my new little stash clips. I decided to hurry and get some online so they might have a chance of selling, and I will make some more to replace them for the cookie and ornament exchange. We are finishing out the day with Ornery on the scroll saw working on a Christmas gift and me puttering in the studio and getting things ready for a new week.

I have to really hit the editing hard this week, and I am going to be diligent with following my list so I can complete all my projects before Thanksgiving. I have had a lot of verve over the past week, and the sales seemed to fuel the energy level even more. It's a good thing because there are less than three weeks until Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.