Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Good Progress

First project of the day was to hang the little shelves beneath the arrangement we put up yesterday.
It isn't the greatest picture I have ever taken, but at least you can see the finished product.

Chuck and Ornery made a few trips to Lowe's today, but still managed to get quite a bit done.  I now have an outlet inside the closet so I will be able to iron inside the closet!
and I have a nice little bank of shelves for all my shoes and plastic storage boxes filled with sweaters, off season clothes, etc. This side used to be Ornery's side but we are switching with the renovation. That alarm box is really in the way, and we had lost the use of that whole section of hanging space, so utilizing it as shelves will make a big difference.

Mimi finished the first run through all the lettering on the hall wall,
 She plans on going back over everything once more, and removing the lines that remain.  I am totally impressed that she got it done in two days!

I got the first of a set of two canvas mixed media projects finished--at least for now.  Who knows if I will go back and add more.  The second part of the set is on the craft room table waiting for some glue and a tad more inspiration. Mimi made some adorable little dragonflies and a bird's nest for me, and I recycled a rather large pile of plastic packaging by cutting, adding alcohol inks and heating up to warp and curl them so they look like leaves.
I hope to get the second one finished tomorrow and hang both of them behind the recliners in the living room.  Once that is done, we are going to tackle the end table. I am clearly out of my element when it comes to painting. I think I can handle small projects, but not the bigger ones.

Once that is done, we are going to switch the studio and guest room. Meanwhile, the guys have another bank of shelves to build, texture to finish, trim to cut and hang, paint to apply to inside the closet and the laundry room, and the flooring to put down. We just have five working days left... can we get it all done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.