Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Counting down the minutes

Charlie will be here soon, and she is bringing my sister and brother-in-law with her. Other than a short weekend visit from Liberty this summer, we haven't had a dog in residence since we moved into Zoe Cottage. I am almost as excited about that as having my peeps here! :)

I sold another yardstick airplane on etsy around noon today, just before I was headed out to ship some other things, so I quickly boxed it up, paid for postage online (twice because my computer hung while waiting to print--I think the USPS is trying every way they can to get more money in their coffers!) and took it to the PO less than an hour after the buyer paid.  THAT'S service!!

From the UPS Store, I sent a quilt off to my sister in WA and sadly said good-bye to the shoes going back to Clarks for replacement or return. Either way they are no good to me now. I am grateful they are willing to look at them to determine if they were defective.  If so, I get a new pair from the list of six selections I submitted! That is also great service!

While I was out, I collected on the last of a credit we had on account at Backwoods to finish off some Christmas shopping, went by Akin's Health Foods to get some sundries, and stopped by the Great Harvest Bread store for bread, only to find them temporarily closed. :(

I heard from my e-friend that I won her birthday gift, and I can't wait to get it in the mail. I will send her something in return from my stash, because I think she would really like that, and I would too!

I cooked a turkey today--bare; not even any salt on it!--and need to get it off the bones. I was supposed to do some baking as well, but instead did some laundry including the guest bed sheets and all the new clothes I purchased yesterday afternoon, and took care of some other business.

I'll try to take some photos of our progress this week; I keep forgetting to get the camera out!  I sent a photo of my neighbor's house from my phone last night to Ryan. The guy really does remind me of Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation! Every day there are more lights out. I think he may finally be done; he needs to be since there is hardly any lawn, fence or house left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.