"I suppose it would be unprofessional to do a happy dance about now..." (I said as I was walking out of the tax accountant's office) ...
This was the first time we have ever had our taxes finished and filed before Valentine's Day, but thanks to online access to many documents (which I printed then actually received in the mail prior to our scheduled visit) we were able to get it done today! Where I was afraid we were going to have to pay, we are ending up getting a fairly sizable (for us) refund. I guess all the interest we paid to buy a new home was the ticket for this year.
Ornery leaves in the morning for Austin to visit his mom's side of the family at his Uncle Steve's memorial service. He is driving/riding with Janese and Mom and they plan to return on Sunday. I will miss him.
I finally opened the clipboards I ordered this weekend and discovered I had ordered the wrong thing. I called them up to see about an exchange but they don't do that. I am stuck with them, but they did refund my money. I'll have to see what I can do with them since they won't work for my other project. So, the custom order to Canada is delayed a bit more, but to qualify for free shipping I ended up increasing my order so I am going to have a lot of clipboards to work with this year!
Elizabeth went for a job interview with a placement agency yesterday, but she wasn't very interested in either position they had open--not that she has had an offer, but they weren't really what she had applied for. Her class for this semester begins in a month, and she is planning to schedule her graduation in the coming weeks. I know she is very excited about finishing this, and has plans for taking some drafting classes in the fall so she can get into a little higher paying field.
Just because I am ahead of the game with my taxes doesn't mean I have everything else all together--laundry has piled up and the house is in need of some attention. I guess it is job security...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.