Oh, what a fun day I had today! First I puttered in the kitchen, cleaning out the coffee maker and distiller, and starting some meat in the crock pot for chimichangas. Then I got my frame out and painted it. Ornery helped me put it on the canvas at lunch time. TA DA!!
While I was waiting for the frame to dry, I took my SCRAPPR license plate outside and spray painted it green for another project. After lunch I decided to start on another mixed media piece for the studio. I got a few ideas from Pinterest, but other than the feeling of boldness and the heart with wings, there are no similarities.
First I used ModPodge to adhere some wrinkled phone book pages. I painted that orange with a sample of some wall paint I had picked up a while back. There is very little of the orange left showing through, and the only sign of the phone book pages is the uneven surface of the canvas. I printed out the words and used some of my twinkling H2O's on them, then tore them apart. I actually used the twinks on several aspects of this piece, including the heart, flower, monopoly card, puzzle and even parts of the canvas itself.
I had most of it done when I decided that it needed a dress on it, so I strung some beads and adhered them to the neckline and added a swavorski crystal. There are so many little details...
This picture was taken with the lamp on so you can see some of the shimmer--it is all over the place!
Here is Elizabeth listening to YouTube videos. :) She hasn't made an appearance here lately, so I thought I would take a picture of her.
These are her new earrings from the Nervous System. CUTE earrings and other pieces. If you have never seen them, you should take a minute and check out their stuff--very different! The packaging was fun and creative, too. She really likes the earrings and says they are very light weight. The service was excellent and shipping quick.
I listened to my new iPod all day and created some new playlists for Elizabeth as she was the recipient of my old one. It took a while to sync it right, but she has plenty of music to listen to until she gets her own stuff all loaded on her computer. She has had a shuffle for several years, but this will give her much more variety and space.
Ornery and Elizabeth will be going out in the morning to the Commemorative Air Force work day, and while they are gone I have plenty to keep me busy. It was such a fun day today, though. I really should do that more often!
Fabulous! I love both of them!!!!
ReplyDelete