Internet service was very sporadic Sunday so we called Cox to have them come out and take a look. The technician I spoke with on the phone said the modem was reconnecting way too frequently--more than she had ever seen before. The man who came to fix the problem yesterday replaced the filter (which he said was the main issue) and switched out a water damaged cable for a new one (to prevent future problems). Things seem to be sailing right along now.
After he left I zipped over to the post office to mail the clipboards I made for the Canadian customer, and got back in time to let the carpet cleaner in. The dining room, living room and master bedroom are now all squeaky clean. While he was cleaning the carpets I called Culligan to see if they would come replace our filters and they will be here today, even though we aren't really due for a change until May. Since I have been running the water through the distiller, I have noticed there is a fair bit of solid residue in the bottom of the machine indicating that the filter is leaving more stuff in there than should be.
After lunch I went out to find a 60 drawer nuts/bolts chest for my brads, buttons and other little items. I tried three stores before I found one at Ace Hardware and figure that I paid a good 50% more than the same item would have been at Lowe's had they carried it. I spent the next few hours moving things into it. Red brads next to red buttons next to red metal embellishments, etc -- it makes me so happy. :)
This morning I put all the furniture back that I had moved for the carpet cleaner. Next up is a major cleaning in the studio. One of these days I will get it as comfortable as the space I had at Miller Manor. Hopefully that will occur pretty soon as I have been terribly uninspired to work in there! I haven't even started on the class I signed up for and the second lesson was just released this morning. Where is my muse??
Ornery and Elizabeth were talking about starting on the bathroom floor this evening. It will be so nice to be rid of the carpet next to the shower and toilet.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.