Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend in Review: Happy Birthday to ME!

Saturday while Elizabeth and Ornery were at the Commemorative Air Force work day, I went to Hobby Lobby for frames and the local bead store (called the Beadles). That place is as dangerous as a scrapbook or fabric store for someone like me who LOVES color!  I put a frame on the piece I finished yesterday, then I spent some time creating.

We all met for lunch at the Olive Garden, then we went home to eat some cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Lemon raspberry--quite yummy!  Ornery helped me with another project by cutting out a piece of wood to mount my old license plate on.  I had originally planned to just embellish the plate and hang it alone, but it is quite warped, making attaching anything to it dicey at best.  By the time he had it finished, I was all done crafting for the day because I had spent several hours working on this...

 I covered the frame in four different pieces of batik from a sweet sixteen bundle (sixteen pieces of "fat" 1/16th yard each) I had bought at the quilt store (Sew Flakes) when Mimi was here in November.  I worked on the frame and the beading part (on the two sides of the frame) on Saturday.  Sunday after we had a delickity breakfast and wonderful "church service" at home, I worked on the rest of it.

One of the things I bought at HobLob yesterday was a package of canvas boards.  I really liked working with it better than the stretched canvas as things were easier to stick down.

It is hard to tell in the photo, but I used my twinks on every available surface I could. The flowers have little seed beads glued in the centers.  I think there were other things I could have added, but after working for two days on it, I was out of ideas.  I still have the license plate piece to do, but maybe tomorrow.

While I was working in the studio, Ornery filled a hole in the bathroom floor that he uncovered while prepping for the new tile. Tomorrow we may paint in there, or he may just work on the floor some more.  He still needs to fill all the holes from the tack strips and sand around the baseboards where we will need to paint since the baseboards will be lowered since the tile is lower than the carpet was. Once the patches dry and the painting is done (at least we finally decided on a color!) he will prime the floor and be ready to lay the tile.

Over all, I have had a wonderful birthday filled with lots of laughter and fun. I pretty much spent it doing exactly what I wanted and with people I love!  Thank you all for your greetings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We really appreciate it.